Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Malnar's Come to Town.

Ben and Allison & their 3 children live in Wisconsin so we do not get to see them very often. Since they were in Utah for Christmas they thought they would stop by Arizona for a few days to spend time with the Ash's. They got here on Saturday and ever since then it has been one fun activity after another. All the fun started off with Speedway Raceway on Saturday. Everyone (minus Katie and Jordan) went down to Speedway and we raced two races. Linda did not race but she actually watched all the children. I am not sure if it was more exciting in with all the kids or out on the racetrack!


Here are all the guys wearing the little sock things on their heads

Jacob and I ready to go!

Now for the record. (because their might be some complaining or even some excuses from other's....these are the facts) The first race I came in 3rd place which was 1st place in the Ash family. The next race Jacob got 2nd place which was 1st with the Ash's, and I got 4th which was 2nd with the Ash's. So if you figure that out that makes me the WINNER!!

Like I said we all had fun, but we all came out with our battle wounds too! Jacob, Allison and Adam say they got in the worst accident, but I have the wounds to prove it. Here are my wounds courtesy of Daniel.

You can see bruises in the middle of my back.

Jacob and I stopped in the tunnel during the race. No just kidding this was from the seat belt.

After racing we headed to dinner at this Indian food place. The year before Jacob and I got married most of his family went to India, so they like to eat the food and reminisce. I have eaten Indian food before and have not like it, but this last time I found something I liked yippee!

Allison & Ben

Allison had a little boy named Jacob just 3 days after Eli was born. We have been so excited for these two to get together. I know they are young and that nothing would really happen when they saw each other, but it wasn't true. They were so interested in each other. One time I had them both on the ground tickling both of them it was so cute, because they were cracking up together. I don't know about the boys, but I had a blast!

I walked away from the computer for a few minutes and the following is what I returned to. You have to love those Ash's...they are hilarious.

And by the way, Daniel our brother/brother-in-law is the most awesome person on earth we've realized. All we do these days is sit around and wait for him to come home from college each time.

1 comment:

The Thatchers said...

Eli is getting so big. He is so cute. Your looking awesome, Stacey. Yea, those battle wounds look like they hurt.