Monday, December 22, 2008

Just One More...

We found just one more way Eli is like his Dad. My mom put on a Baby Einstein video for Eli the other night. Eli couldn't get enough of it. It is so cute to watch because he tries so hard to get right up to the screen. I say this is another way he is like his father, because anyone who knows Jacob knows that Jacob loves movies. Actually to say Jacob loves movies might be an understatement. Here are two videos of Eli watching a clip off of Youtube. This clip is not a Baby Einstein, but Eli really likes music and this Hippo is dancing so he really likes it.

I wonder who has bigger cheeks Eli or the Hippo?

Don't you love the rolls.

Now an update on Eli and his night time actives. On Saturday night Eli did great. He did not sleep through the night, but I still consider the night a success. Eli did not eat well before he went to sleep so he woke up hungry at about 3 o'clock. I fed him and he went right to sleep on his own. He then did not wake up until around 7:30. Such a good boy. I am fine with getting up with Eli if he needs food. I just don't like to get up because he just doesn't feel like sleeping.

On Sunday night though it was a different story. Eli woke up and 12:20 screaming. Normally he just kind of grunts for a while and then starts crying. He never screams. That should have been my first clue that something was wrong, but I am so determined to be strong that I kind of let him cry for 5 minutes then I gave in and picked him up. Once I picked him up I smelled something awful and I thought Eli had bad gas. (Since he is breastfed they never stink) Then the smell didn't go away and I realized he had a Poopy diaper and that is why he was crying. Darn that banana because the smell almost made me sick. I changed his diaper fed him and then he went right back to sleep. I thought to myself OK he can cry for food and a diaper change. Then at 5:30 he started to cry again. I myself was too tired to fight him so I just got up and brought him into bed with me. So Eli won last night. So far the count is mom 2 Eli 3. Here is to me winning tonight.

p.s Since Eli has been sleeping better at night he has been taking really good naps during the day. Here are some pictures of Eli at nap time. I just thought he was being so cute. Oh I love being his Mommy so much.


Look at those rosie cheeks.

So peaceful

Jacob is so excited for Eli to grow up and watch sports with him. So when he saw this PJ's for the Cardnals he said I had to buy them. I guess you can never start to early.

3 comments:

The Thatchers said...

jeremiah seems the same as eli. when he takes good long naps in the day he sleeps better at night.

Katie said...

It's fun to hear the updates. As for the stinky diapers....you just wait until he eats all solids. Yikes!! Enjoy the non-stinky diapers while you can because those days are numbered!

Brette said...

Oh Stacy, this one time I was babysitting my niece and nephew. Well just so happend that my nephew pooped his pants while I was in charge. So I figured ok, I can do this it's just poop and I've changed poopy diapers before HA well... I expierenced something I never had before in my life. Apparently the child had corn the night before, well it comes out in whole kernals!! I could not believe it!! It was so wierd and gross. But i'm sure it was quite tasty going down! Anyway, Eli has some big cheeks, but I think the hippo has him beat! And those rolls on the back of this legs are too cute! Hopefully you won last night!