Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some More First for Eli

Today Eli had some more firsts. Lately Eli has been showing such an interest in me while I am eating. He seems so fascinated by the whole process and I can tell he is dying to try what Mommy is having. I hate to admit this, this week we started to let him have little tastes. It started innocent enough with me giving him a taste of my yogurt. Then it progressed to tomatoes. (Oh my he loves these) I basically would just let him suck on it for a while then take it away. Well today i realized I might have started something a little too soon. I was nursing Eli and he stopped, but I could tell he was still hungry. So my dad went and got a banana a mashed it up, and we fed him a VERY small amount. Eli LOVED IT!! He went crazy and ate what was on the plate. I think he would have eaten more, but we would not let him. Here are some pictures we got.

He is the first officially taste.


Here is the video we got of it. If you listen closely you can hear Jacob say, "Should we be doing this." To which I reply, "It's a Banana what can go wrong." (ha ha famous last words)

After my parents house Jacob and I drove home and then we decided to go for a walk. We took Eli down to the park and we put him in the swing. He LOVED IT. Jacob started pushing him and he started laughing, he just loved it. Then I thought it would be a great idea to go down the slide. Jacob thought I should do it and he would watch. I was so nervous it would go so fast that I was not paying attention and I ended up landing on my bottom at the end of the slide. Jacob then took him down twice and he never fell on his bum (he was so kind as to point that out to me). I am not sure if Eli liked that slide I guess we will just have to try that again sometime. While we were there some little boys showed up and started playing. Eli loved watching them. He wants to grow up so fast it is breaking my heart. Eli please stay little just a little bit longer!

3 comments:

Chance and Sarah said...

So cute. He is growing up so fast. Hope you guys are doing well, see you at the Christmas dinner.

Chance and Sarah said...

So cute. He's growing up so fast. Hope you guys are doing well, see you at the Family dinner.

Brette said...

Your stories are always the best! You are so good at telling them, and giving all the details. I love it! I was cracking up at the thought of what the poor nipple to Eli's rice bottle looked like. Your both trooper's! That's for sure! He is getting so big! Why does time have to go by so fast? I don't have kids, so I picture it being like when Tazer was a puppy. He was oh so cute, just like a giant fluff ball, then he grew up into this spoiled little dog who now rules the roost. If only he would stayed little... I guess we all have to grow up eventually? If we could only figure out a way to slow time down. We'd be set!