Friday, January 30, 2009

6 Months


On January 25th Eli turned 6 months old. It was crazy to look at our little guy and think that much time had already passed. I swear he grows right in front of my eyes. Sometimes I put him in his crib and the next morning he comes out bigger!!! Since Eli is now 6 months that means it is time for yet another well visit to the doctors office. I look forward to these appointment because I get to hear about how Eli is growing and what to expect next, but I also hate them because it means that it is time for those dreaded shots!!

This visit went very well. I didn't really have to wait in the waiting room at all. Eli was in such a good mood during this visit which is nice not to have a tired and grouchy little guy. He let the doctor check him all out and all cried when the doctor rolled him over. Eli didn't like that because he was having fun playing with something and the doctor made him stop.

Things about the visit to remember....
  • The first thing the doctor said when he entered the room is. That is a big boy. He has grown a lot since our last visit. I of course loved and hated hearing this at the same time. Nothing makes me happier then to have a healthy strong big boy, but of course I want him to stay our baby FOREVER.
  • The doctor was asking me some routine questions about Eli, and he was shocked to hear that for the past two weeks Eli has propped himself up on his knees and has been rocking back and forth. I guess this isn't supposed to happen for another month or so. We are very excited for Eli to start crawling even though I am sure I will be a lot busier. I am positive Eli will be happier with the new freedom he will have.

  • When the nurse came to give Eli his shots he was just talking and playing with his Binky. I think he loved that he was naked (for some reason all little boys seem to love this freedom). She started to hold down his legs and he didn't cry, but he was not going to let her do that. It was cute to see him try to be the boss. Then things turned sad really fast and she put the first 3 shots in his tiny legs. (which the nurse said shouldn't hurt him too bad because they were nice and chunky) He cried for only a second and then she got his other leg with two more. At that point Eli had it and was very upset and let me know it. I quickly scooped him up and he stopped crying, but gave the nurse a look like I am going to remember who you are!

Eli's current stats are:

Height: 27.5 in - 80th%

Weight: 20 lbs 10 oz - 90th%

Head circumference: 16.5 in - 10th%


The pictures on here I took a few weeks ago. Eli was taking a nap and I started to hear a little voice coming from his room. When I went in this is what I saw. It was so cute seeing his little eyes looking up at me while he was sucking on his ducks foot. I have caught him doing this one other time and it was funny because he was obviously using the foot at a Binky. I guess he couldn't find his Binky so the foot would have to do.



4 comments:

Jake and Lynn said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe he is already six months. Annabelle sucks on her stuffed animal too , if she can't find her binky. Glad to see you guys are doing well.

P.s. and glad to hear that you love Chick-Fil-A:)

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Wow he is getting so big. i hate how the nurses have to give the shots, it always breaks my heart when they cry so bad. We should plan to get together again sometime. I would love for our babys to play.

Charlee said...

Stacey, so cute. Looks like you are doing such a good job. Enjoy they grow way to fast my baby just turned 1 and I am so sad.

laura said...

What?! I cannot believe your little baby is already six months old. It seems like yesterday you were pregnant. He is so cute!