Monday, January 12, 2009

Meet Edward

This is Edward....

Here is the story of Edward.

When Eli was around 4 weeks old my mom was convinced that if I just bought him a toy that he could look at that he would start reaching and trying to touch it. I wasn't sure if she was right, but I figured that time would come soon enough so I should buy one now. I figured the earlier the better. Jacob and I ran to Target and we spent a good amount of time looking at the toys they had for children his age. We finally saw this blue elephant that seemed perfect. We thought he was colorful, he was long so Eli wouldn't have to reach so far. Also if you pulled on him he would wiggle back up. I loved that Edward also had colorful feet and knots for knees. We also purchased a rattle with a frog and lady bug on it. Even though Eli got two toys Edward was his favorite.

We put Edward on his seat and Eli would just stare at it. I think he liked the colors. Jacob thinks he liked his ears, and my mom was convinced that Eli liked the smile on his face. Either way Edward was a hit. A few weeks passed and Edward only received play time with Jacob and I pulling him to make him wiggle. Eli still only stared at him. I have a very vivid memory of when Eli first reached up and started to touch him. Eli was in his car seat on the ground and I was talking to someone. I looked over and I saw this little hand reach up nice and wide and touch Edwards feet. Eli continued to move his feet back a forth for a few minutes. I was so excited I told Jacob all about it and I was so proud of my little boy. (of course every mother thinks her child is brilliant).

Life with Edward was great whenever Eli really didn't want to be in his seat a nice tug on Edward would cheer him right up. Also sometimes I would pull Edward to the side and let him lay in the seat with Eli. Eli would hold Edward's feet when he would take his naps. Like I said life with Edward was fun. About two weeks ago Eli made the next progressive step with Edward. I was getting ready to leave our house and all the sudden I heard Edward pull down and rattle back up. Knowing Eli and I were the only ones home I knew Eli had pulled Edward. Now when we have him in his seat most the time all we hear is Edward moving up and down.

I know to most, this story is boring and wondering why I want to remember it, but to me, I treasure it. I often think back to when Edward was new and Eli would just stare, what progress he has made. I am now only starting to realize all the fun I am going to have watching our baby boy grow into a man. I still feel he is growing to fast, but I treasure and try to soak up every second of it.

3 comments:

Brette said...

How cute is Edward! You are so good at telling stories. I know I've told you this 100 times but now you've heard it 101 times. I love the pictures of Eli below. I think they turned out really cute. I just love his chubby cheeks. P.S. It's not showing up on my page that you update. I wonder why?

laura said...

Cute pictures! I love his huge cheeks!! I wanted to ask you how you kept your going private post at the top while adding new posts under it? You did that right?

The Crandell Crew said...

The isn't a single moment you share with Eli that is silly to document. Time flies by and we do all we can to capture thos ememories that make life worth living. Emery loved that toy too, only hers is a lion. Those toys that entertain them in the car are awesome since they grow more and more restless in their carseat.