Thursday, September 4, 2008

He did it! He did it!

Oh my goodness I can't believe it but he did it, my sweet little Eli slept ALL NIGHT long! That is right all night at 5 weeks.The last couple of days he has been sleeping for longer stretches and that alone has been such a treat. I actually thought last night was going to be tough because he would not go to sleep. He just kept crying he was so tired finally at 10 o'clock he feel asleep only to wake up 30 minutes later. I then nursed him and he went right back to sleep.Later he started to wiggle and make some noise so I thought he was hungry I tried to feed him but he just did not seem interested then I noticed it was kind of bright outside my window. At that point I looked at the time and it was 4:30. I was shocked but quickly went back to sleep then at 6:30 Jacob came in (he always tries to help out in the morning) saw we were both sleeping and left. A few minutes later Eli started to cry I feed him while still in bed and he went back to sleep. I got up and spent sometime with Jacob, picked up around the house, went through the mail and changed the sheets on the bed and the whole time Eli looked like this.....

He did not open his eye until 8 o'clock. I can't believe it 11 to 8 no open eyes! It is funny because yesterday I kept thinking how fun it was to be with him. Don't get me wrong everyday I just love being with him but yesterday he was smiling like all day and was so good about going down for his naps and eating. He was like a perfect angel. It just seems like every day it gets better, and better and more fun! I just can't help but to wonder if this was a one time thing sleeping all night or if this is it and he has it figured out. I know he is a genius no one will tell me otherwise so I am sure he has it figured out.... I hope!

7 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

He looks so precious sleeping! We finally moved everything out of our house and have it all ready for our tennants so we should get together this weekend. Soon we will be moving once again to our house (we are at my moms until my cousin moves out of the house we are moving in to). So lets get together before things get crazy again! Also, who is your pediatrician? With Cigna do we have to take them to just the group practice place on baseline? I have so many questions! Lets get together soon

Dustin and Rachel Clyde said...

Oh my gosh he is the cutest thing! I can't wait til I can come home and see him!

damonandkami said...

Stacy! Its Kami! I finally started one of these dang blogs! Eli is so dang cute! I can't even believe that he is already 5 weeks old! I tried calling you about a month ago, we need to get together! Call me

Katie said...

Go Eli!! I hope that this is the beginning of lots of sleep for you! We miss seeing you guys. Your dream story cracked me up. When I read it I thought, "that is SO Jacob and Stacy!"

laura said...

Oh girl, you are so lucky!! Tylie didn't do that till 4 months and it was the happiest day of my life! Ok not really but I was excited.

Emily Lauren said...

Yay! Congratulations! That's so wonderful! What a sweet little boy. He's so cute and is already starting to look more like a baby and less like an infant.
He's precious!

Flaherty Fam said...

It is an amazing day when your baby sleeps through the night. You just want to yell "Hallalujah!!". He is such a cutie.