Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ash update....

This is what I like to call a quick update....
  • The September 2nd elections came and went, and we are proud to announce that Cecil won the primary and is now relaxing with his wife in a hotel in Scottsdale. Anyone that knows Linda and Cecil knows that those two do NOT know how to relax. I am excited to hear how they did on their "Vacation".
  • This is as closest to relaxing I have ever seen Linda and Cecil get!

  • Speaking of the September Primary Jacob and I fulfilled our civic duties and went down to vote. We actually almost forgot which would have been really funny to tell Cecil that we did all this work for his election and didn't vote ourselves! Anyway we packed up the stroller and our baby Bjorn and walked to the poll center. It was actually a fun little family outing...I also explained everything to Eli. This little guy has to keep up on his politics.
  • After trying for months...ok lets be honest years I finally got Jacob to go shopping for new clothes. We actually made it quite the event and Jacob got a lot of great stuff for an amazing price. He also got a much needed new suit, which he wore to Eli's blessing. He looked so handsome.

  • When I was staying in the hospital after having Eli Jacob got a breakfast burrito from there. I ordered something else and was very disappointed because Jacob's burrito was seriously delicious. The whole day I kept telling everyone about it and that I was going to get one for breakfast the next day. The next day came and I ordered my burrito, only to find out that the one they give patients is different then the one from the cafeteria. Needless to say I NEVER got the burrito. Ever since then I would occasionally wake up and say I want one. Well finally one morning Jacob said he wanted one too, so we loaded Eli up in the car and drove to the hospital just for their breakfast burrito. I keep thinking how funny Jacob looked walking in the hospital and then walking out a few minutes later with food...I wish I would have gotten a picture. I do have to admit the burrito is very good but not as good as I remember it being. I think I was just starving when I tried Jacob's that morning.
  • Eli has had a lot of progress since I last wrote. He started cooing on 8/24/08. He is now sleeping for longer stretches at night. He isn't consistently sleeping through the night, but does do it here and there. His favorite place to sleep is nuzzled in on my chest...which of course I love too.




  • One of the best moments was on 9/9/08 at only 6 weeks old Eli started laughing. I got him to do it on 4 different occasions. I even got him to do it in front of his daddy. We have since tried to get it on tape, but have failed. I guess we will just need to keep trying.
  • Jacob and I went on our first official date since Eli's birth. We went with Steph and Jerel to Sweet Tomatoes. It was so nice to get out and have fun with one another! (I don't know why but I look like a wet dog in this picture!)

  • Eli went to church for the first time. I was so worried about taking him to such a quiet place for such a long time, but actually was great. It was funny because I honestly think Jacob and I had a harder time. We kept dozing off during sacrament meeting!

  • Here we are our first church outing.

    I asked my mom to take a picture of us and she seriously took like 90 of them. Just before this picture was taken Jacob and I looked at each other and said, "Vickie there isn't a good one of us yet?" Then we both started cracking up laughing!

    Oh good stretch...I just love that tummy!

    Eli in his Sunday outfit. Jacob and I just loved it on him.

  • One of Jacob's clients got Eli a little Kimono that was custom made for him. She also had a blanket made for him from Japanese cloth. It has little owls and it and the Japanese believe that owls watch over the baby. It was such a sweet and thoughtful present.

  • I went in for my 6 week check up. Everything is great and I guess I am back to "normal". I also started working out with my trainer. He is seriously kicking my tushie!!!!

7 comments:

The Richins Family said...

stacy, he just has rolls everywhere. he is so chunky and oh so precious. he looks so cute!! i love chunky babies. he already smiles? how cute. you look good at his blessing. i love his stretch, look at that belly poke out.

laura said...

He is getting so big! His cheeks have really filled out. Wish I could have been there for the blessing!

Flaherty Fam said...

Eli is such a cutie. It was fun to see you and everyone at his blessing. You look amazing and I can't even believe you actually had a baby. You don't even look like you were ever pregnant...lucky girl!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Oh my gosh, you look so good! I can't believe you even had a baby! I wish I could have been at the blessing. Please call me so that we can hang out :)

megan allen said...

So fun and cute! Ok the hospital outing for the food is awesome! sounds like something jake and I would do :)

Kenyon said...

He is getting so big. It is the best when they start laughing and smiling...how cute. I was sad to miss his blessing. Im glad everything turned out so special.

Shums said...

eli is so adorable!! i just want to hold him, my baby isn't such a baby anymore :(