Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eli's Blessing

Today was Eli's blessing day and what a wonderful day it turned out to be. I honestly could not have asked for it to turn out any better then it did. Jacob put a lot of thought into what he wanted to bless Eli with and tried to prepare the best he could. We both knew that once Jacob got up there to bless him that the spirit would guide him on what to say, and we were right the spirit was so strong during Eli's blessing. It was amazing how strong we all felt the spirit. I know Jacob was truly guided by our Heavenly Father. I know I am a bit biased but I honestly think it was the best blessing I have EVER heard. (plus I had several family and ward members come up and say that to us). Here is how it went...

Blessing for Elijah "Eli" Jennings Ash


Elijah we give you this blessing and bless you to know of the great love your mom and dad have for you. Whatever trials & circumstances you have in your life know that you can come to us for guidance. You are a blessing in our lives and have united our little family even more. Know that you have the loving support of your family to help you be successful. We bless you with a good kind heart, and heart full of charity. That you will reach out to others. Eli we bless you with the gift of service and that you will look for opportunities to serve. Bless you with health and a sweet countenance. We bless you with happiness in the way that you are living your life and that you will honor your priesthood. Eli we bless you that at a young age you will develop a relationship with your Heavenly Father. That you will remember to pray always and use prayer and the scriptures as a tool in your life, above all else. Encourage you to develop the talents that Heavenly Father has given you, and bless you with the desire to learn. Eli the world that we live in is dangerous. We bless you to be a leader for good, be a source of strength and light. We bless you with the desire to choose good friends, and have the ability to be and example to future siblings and know that they are watching your example. Bless you to respect and honor your elders, and church leaders. Reverence for those who came before you. Bless you to be honest in your doings and that you will be a hard worker. Bless you that you will serve and full time mission and that at a young age you will understand that importance of the message that you are carrying. We bless you with obedience to the Lord above all. Bless you that you will be temple worthy and that you will be guided in choosing your eternal companion and you will grow with one another. We bless you that you will be a good father and husband.

Members of the circle:
Jacob Ash (offered blessing)
Jerel Gilmore (uncle)
Jeff Kartchner (grandfather)
Cecil Ash (grandfather)
Fred Ash (great uncle)
Brad Jarvies (great uncle)
Jonathon Smith (Bishop of Copper Ward)


Attendees: Linda & Cecil Ash, Jeff & Vickie Kartchner, Tammi Veater, Dan (friend to Tammi) Jake & Melanie Veater, Lee & Austin Kartchner, Jerel, Stephanie, Chase, Alyssa & Ethan Gilmore, Debbie Johnson, Judy Roland, Tressa & Logan Ash, Fred & Laura Ash, Brad Jarvies, Elliot and Kami Caldwell, Brett, Nikki, Kaddee, Marisa, Logan, Jessee, & Lanee Brewer, Sue Sansom, Kristyn McClaws, Sarah Clarkson, Tobi, Sadie and Noah Navarro. Brett & Brigite Duncan, Donnie Flarety, Cyndi Porter, Sherri Kartchner,


Things I want to remember:
  • Before we left for church we set Eli on the couch for a little photo session it was so cute because he just sat there like a little man. Eli looked so handsome in all his white...just a sweet little angel. He was wide awake and so curious why so much was going on.







  • I want to remember how much thought and love was put into Eli's blessing. Jacob was constantly thinking about it and preparing. He often prayed for guidance. I know his prayers were answered because it was such a a sweet heartfelt blessing.
  • After Eli was blessed the bishop went up to the pulpit and said, "In 19 years can you imagine the coming of this Elijah." I thought it was so cute.
  • I want to remember all the sweet people who came and showed all their love and support. It was so amazing to see so many people there for us. We truly have the best families ever.



  • After the meeting a lot of people came up to us and said what a wonderful job Jacob had done. They said he really set the tempo for a beautiful fast and testimony meeting. My brother even said it was the first time he had felt the spirt like that in a very long time. Hearing Lee say that was a very tender moment to me. I am so glad the spirit was so strong on this special day.
  • Jacob and I were so worried Eli was going to cry while he was getting blessed. Jacob truly hates to hear him cry so it would be really difficult for him to consintrate if Eli was crying. We prayed often that Eli would be content and that things would go well. Let me tell you Eli seriously passed out and was so sweet the whole time. He was a perfect little angel.




  • I was blessed with a very sweet tender mercy during the blessing. I had planed for days to record the blessing so it could be accurate, but when the day came I forgot. I realized I didn't even have paper to write it down with so I was so sad I didn't get remember. As Jacob started to go up and bless Eli I saw Sister Sara Pratt sitting next to me had a pad and paper ready to write down everything Jacob said. I started crying right then. After the blessing my sister had written down everything as well. I guess it came to Jerel before he went up there that someone should write it all down. Then to top it all off I found out later the Cecil had a recorder in his pocket! I am so thankful for everyone listening and the spirit prompting them.

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Stace-thanks for sharing all your moments of Eli's blessings! It brought me to tears, especially about your tender mercies, I love those! You are such a cute mommy and I am so happy for you. I hope I can see you sooner than later.I love you and am grateful for your wonderful testimony!

Brette said...

What a perfect blessing! It put me in tears :) He looks so handsome in his little blessing outfit. I'm so sad I couldnt make it. Hopefully the next one? I still want to come down and see him in person sometime! I've having the hardest time trying to figure out who he looks like! I keep going back and forth. I'm waiting a couple more weeks until I make my conclusion!