Monday, February 25, 2008

Charity Dinner

On Saturday Jacob informed me we had a formal dinner to attend that night, and I need to be at Uncle Fred's by 6 PM. Jacob was very lucky I had a nice dress that could wear now that I am starting to get a baby bump! Anyways I did show up to Fred's (a little late...ooops) and we headed off to Camelback in where the dinner was being held. I wasn't really sure what we were going to but I found out once we got there the Ash/ Reeb family had donated some money to the New Leaf foundation and they were having a charity auction to help raise money for the foundation. This foundation helps a shelter's for domestic violence & homeless. The event was well planed with a great turn out. I enjoyed the food (yummy) and watching some of the drunk people dance. Overall the night turned out great and we had a lot of fun.



Here is Mark and Candy Reeb. I never really got to hang out or talk to them much in the past, but at the event I got to know them a lot better. They are a very cute couple who are actually hilarious to hang with. Candy wanted to win a basketball signed by Steve Nash & Marion but she did not win. Mark on the other hand won a T.V which I hear he is very happy about.

This is Uncle Fred and Laura Ash. Laura and I chatted a lot since Fred is always talking to a Friend. I seriously think he is a celebrity because everywhere we go there are people that know him. They will have to give up their Newlywed title because this March they will be married for a year. Congratulations!!!

I got another picture of me and Jacob. I know, I know my husbands a hottie.

Uncle Fred, Cecil, & Jacob. I thought that all looked great. I never noticed this but they all wore red ties!

This picture I know is very hard to see but if you look closely you can see Cecil and I dancing. Cecil is an excellent dancer (he was on the BYU ballroom dance team) The song Jitterbug came on and he wanted to dance so bad. Linda wasn't there because she is off taking care of Abigail and Eliza (Ben and Allison are on a cruise) so Cecil needed someone to dance with. Now I did attempt to dance with him. I wasn't very good, but Cecil is a great teacher. Hopefully next time I will do better and not be so shy.

Here is an another picture I of took of Fred with David Reeb. David just moved back to Arizona from Utah. When I first met him I thought he was his brother Dan. I talked to him for about 20 minutes before he set me straight.

Now the night did have some funny moments. As we were leaving we walked passed this man wearing short red short a black polo, and a hot pink sweater wrapped around his shoulders. I of course had to take a picture. (now remember this is fancy fancy event women were in ball gowns and some men in tuxes)

12 comments:

megan allen said...

Hi Stacy! It is so nice to kind of meet you. Jake keeps telling me how awsome you are and how much you are really helping out their thriving business. You and your husband make such a cute couple and I'm sure your sweet little baby will be so adorable! I look forward to meeting you in person.

Megan Allen

Stacy said...

Hi! You don't know me but Jacob does, maybe! I grew up with him in 56th ward before his family moved to 45th ward. My parents held a meeting about Mitt Romney where Cecil came to talk. Our families go way back. If you talked to Jacobs mom and asked her to tell you who my parents are, Gerald and Cari Mickelson, she would have a lot of funny stories! Linda told me you and Allison actually have the same due dates, which is when my baby Aleena was born. Congratulations by the way! I just wanted to tell you your blog is way cute. Oh, and I don't know if you've ever heard of Picasa, but you can google it and download it for free. It works great to edit pictures. It would do really well lightening up the picture of you and Cecil dancing. Hope you guys are doing good. Stacy (mickelson) Riggs

laura said...

How fun. I just realized, your baby is probably going to have the most amazing curley hair like Jacob! How adorable!

Chance and Sarah said...

We are getting together this Friday night 6:30 at the Cheese Cake Factory by Chandler mall. I know it's soon, but I talked to Nina and she was supposed to move to Cali for modeling sometime soon, but now her agency has changed plans and she moves to Miami on Tuesday. Let me know if you are able to make it, I'm going to try and make reservations.

Kenyon said...

Looks like fun!

laura said...

Ok, fine I will come up to dinner Friday night just for you! :) I really want to see you girls and your baby bump! I really am going to try and drive up just for the night and then drive home. Can't wait to see you!

Swirls of Happy said...

You look adorable!!! What a fun night :) That guy with the Pink sweater is hillarious!!!

RegaNater said...

I'm exctied to see you tomorrow!

Linds said...

Looks like fun, you guys both looked fabulous!

Flaherty Fam said...

It's so fun to dress up and go to events like that once in awhile. Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see your "Baby Bump". Can't wait to find out what you are having.

Kate said...

You look so cute cute cute. Okay, that guy in the short shorts is so funny. I'm still laughing about it.

Brette said...

My your page sure looks cute!!