Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is by far my favorite day of the year. Jacob knows that this day is very very important to me so he always tries really hard to make sure I have a wonderful day. Well this year he did such a great job. I felt special from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. Our day started off with a Jacob getting me a flower arrangement. He wanted to make his own unique arrangement, he was upset because it didn't turn out like he had planned, but I loved it. Then we made our favorite breakfast together...Egg Sandwiches. Jacob also squeeze oranges for fresh squeezed orange juice.




After breakfast we got dressed and went to my favorite nail place. I received and pedicure and a manicure, while Jacob enjoyed getting his feet rubbed. I should have taken a picture of my pedicure, but I hate feet so that picture would always bother me. You will just have to take my word for it that they turned out really cute. After our Pedicure's we went to the mall to play with Labrador's. Jacob really wants one, but I am not ready yet so this is what we do instead. I don't know why but the dogs always love me and try to jump on me even though I have no interest in them. After the mall it was lunch time so we went and got the lunch buffet at Peter Piper. I know this part isn't very romantic, but Jacob loves pizza. Plus ever since I have been pregnant I just love their sauce there. Basically Peter Piper makes us both happy.

After lunch we were both kind of sleepy so we went home for a short nap. Which ended up going to long and we almost missed our doctor's appointment. This really stressed me out but we ended up making it and we enjoyed hearing the babies heart beat again. We set up our next appointment on March 13th at the appointment we will find out the sex of our baby!!! We can not wait. Sticking with the baby theme we left the doctor's office to go see the movie Juno. We both thought it was really cute. I have been trying to get Jacob to see if for a while so I am very glad he finally gave in. Here is a picture of us at the theatre.

I know this day sounds really long but I promise it is almost over...After the movie we went a got flowers for our mother's. Jacob also bought some movies. (I love Valentine's Day and he loves movies) He took the flowers to our mother's and they both just loved them. They have bloomed since then and they seriously are so pretty I just love them. Finally it was time for my favorite part of the day...Dinner at AH SO. Yummy! We have gone there ever year since we have been together. We both love the food and entertainment so we always look forward to dinner. This year we had Elliot & Cami Caldwell, Charles & Carly Hutchinson and Stuart Malnar & his date Heather Bolter. The funny thing is Stuart told Heather she wouldn't know anyone at dinner. So he was surprised to find out that Heather and I went to High School together. We even played volleyball together sometimes. Her family is also in our ward now!!!! Talk about a small world.



Even though the doctor said I could have a little bit of cooked crab I chickened out at the last second. I didn't want to take any chances.

Here is Elliot and Cami they got married in April 2007. Elliot and Jacob are business partners.


This is Charles and Carly. Jacob and Charles served as mission companions in Ecuador and now they are in our ward too!!! They are also working with Jacob looking for the 1st home to buy.


This is Stuart and Heather. I still can't believe what a small world it is.

Here is our Chef. I took this picture perfectly. I thought it turned out funny. Since I took the picture he thought it would be ok to tease me the rest of the time. Plus he gave me extra shrimp and said it was for my little baby. I thought that was cute but I did not eat the shrimp. I was still too scared. (I don't have a big belly yet, he only knew I was pregnant because I told him my meat could not be red) After dinner we went home and just relaxed....it was a perfect end to a perfect day!!

Thanks you so much honey!

16 comments:

Brette said...

You guys are too cute. Sounds like the perfect Valentines Day!! Your breakfast looks really good right now. I'm starving!! Did you go to that nail place on Baseline? The one we went too a few times together? I loved those ladies. Also, your chef sounded like a really cute guy. I'll tell him I'm pregnant too get extra shrimp!! I'm glad I get to talk to you everyday now. It makes my days go by way faster! And do I even need to mention how excited I am for you guys to find out waht your having!!

laura said...

I am so jealous that sounds like a perfect day! I love going out to eat and to movies, it is my favorite. It is amazing how once you can't do something (from having a kid) you want to do it more (like go to movies and to dinner.) So enjoy freely going anywhere you want to now! Yes there is a big mountain in Tucson that gets plenty of snow, I never knew till I moved there. Can't wait to find out what you are having, I went crazy when Tylie kept her legs crossed for the first two ultrasounds just to make us wait longer, but I will pray that doesn't happen to you! :)

Swirls of Happy said...

I am very jealous!!! I wish I could do all those things in one day...my day consisted of changing diapers, cleaning, and cooking dinner for myself...romantic huh?! Long are the good old days, so live it up my dear until the baby comes :) That is so exciting you get to find out the sex soon, how fun!!! Sounds like you had a great day. P.S. Lee and Jason are working together now!

AJ and Cindy said...

That sounds like such a great Valentine's Day, how fun you got to spend the whole day together! I can't wait to find out what you are having, are you going to tell people?

Larvin and Ashley said...

Sounds like such a fun day. I love the counter at the top of your blog. I can always check to see how far along you are. Keep on a truckin.

Elliot and Cami said...

I love how you guys go all out for valentine's day! You guys put us to shame! We had fun and thanks for inviting us!

Brooklyn said...

How fun! You guys are Too cute together! I am so excited for you and baby!!!!! Make sure I'm invited to the baby shower! You know lee is working with Bo now? He adores Lee. Bo says he is a GREAT dad and a Great guy! You are beautiful, love that pic of you and Jacob! Hope all is well!

Chance and Sarah said...

Sounds like you had fun. I had to work, but the night was good. I don't really like Valentines day though. I don't like flowers, and for people who are single, it makes them feel like crap and for those with someone, why does it have to be one day that you show your love. Show it everyday.

The Turleys said...

Geese must be nice to get all of that done in a day. I would be happy to get that much done in a week...or 2. What a romantic husband you have. Nate popped in while I was reading, and I think he might have a head start for next year! Ya we we will see.... Enjoy your free time!

Kenyon said...

What a fun day. I am so excited to find out what your baby is!! How exciting.

Linds said...

What a great day! I LOVE the pic of you guys at the movie theater. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Can we PLEASE get together when I'm back in AZ in the summer? Can't wait to find out what the baby is.

Chance and Sarah said...

I think we are going to do a girls night out soon. I'll let you know. I talked to Nina and she wants to see everyone. Let me know your schedule...

sara said...

Sounds like a perfect day!! I'm glad you're doing that stuff now; you know it might not be as easy once you have the baby :)

Linds said...

Hi there! Leave me your email and I'll explain the whole Blu Ray/HD DVD thing, I figure its a little much for a comment on your blog! :)

AJ and Cindy said...

Hey, I know I already left a comment but I had o write you again because I am so excited tha tyou said you will see me in May?? Are you going to be here? I hadn't heard that!! give me the details, I SO want to see you!

Shums said...

oh man, we are huge sushi fans and i totally forgot how good that place is! i was afraid to eat shrimp and crab while i was preg too.