Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Swimming Lessons

In July I signed Eli up for swimming lessons. Since everyone's house has a pool, and no fence Jacob and I feel it is inportant to get started as soon as possiable. Eli took 3 different session and in each group he was the youngest. I think he did a wonderful job and loves to jump in the water. When I start count (this is the que he is going under) he gets the biggest smile on his face. Eli can not swim yet, however I feel we have planted the seeds, and by the end of next summer Eli will be a swimmer.







Currently, Eli kicks and reaches on his own. Will jump in and reach for the side of the pool, goes under, holds him breath for mutiple up and downs under the water, spits the water (no swollowing) jumps off the diving board, and much more. Yesterday was his last lesson, so Jacob came along and took some video, and pictures.





As you can see Eli is our little fish.

3 comments:

The Richins Family said...

wow, i am impressed. good job. this is something aaron and i want to do with each child.

The Johnson Family said...

Hey Stacy--

It's Shelly Barney. My email is shellybwhite@yahoo.com. Can you invite me to your blog? I would love to keep in touch. We need to get our little guys together for a play date

Vickie said...

He is a little fish! He's so cute...of course, I'm the grandma!