Thursday, September 24, 2009

Leaving Eli

Eli took to weening really well, and it was really easy. I think he was ready earlier, because life seems to be easier now...oh well he is my first I thought he wanted, and needed it. Anyway Jacob and I leave tonight. My mom watches him tonight, the Gilmore's on Friday night, and then my mom and dad again on Saturday night. I made them this sheet to help them, and I thought it would be something cute to keep for the future so Eli can see what his life was like at this age. So here is a day in the life of Eli


A Day with Eli
Morning~
  • DO NOT let him out of his crib until 6 am. He can sleep later, but he cannot get out of his crib any earlier.
  • Heat up whole milk right when he wakes up n a glass cup. I usually fill up a small glass one then microwave for 35 seconds pour into sports Sippy then lay with him on the couch. He is very fun & happy after his milk. Not so much before milk. Sometimes he wants you to refill the milk. He will drink it all then cry for more. This does not always happen but if he wants it let him have it.
  • You can feed him anything for breakfast. He usually has piece of toast cut in fours and some fruit. I usually let him eat this between 7::00 & 8:00. He eats breakfast and watches Elmo (sometimes) Elmo is saved on the Tivo or it will record at 8 everyday. Turn on Elmo at 8:00 am.
  • He will play till nap time

Naps~

Depending on when he wakes up. Most time he wakes up at 6:00 am and so he would nap around 10:00 am. You will know it is time for naptime because he will get clingy and fussy. Use a soft blanket on your shoulder and he melts away. Depending on how long his morning nap is he might take a late afternoon nap. If his morning nap is an hour or less, he will take a 300 min to hour nap between 2 to 4. No naps later than 5!

Afternoon~

  • After naps he always wakes up thirsty!! Give him a Sippy cup right away. If you give him juice make sure it is 90% water 10% juice or it will go right through him and you will have 4 poppy diapers. If he wants milk he will point at a sports Sippy or point at the milk and cry. He can have it whenever he asks for it.
  • He will play until noon or 1 then it is lunch time. He can eat what you are eating or make him something from his cupboard.
  • After lunch he just walks around and plays. Make sure he plays by himself sometimes so he is not bossy or clingy.
  • He likes snack so crackers, fruit and stuff like that he loves.
  • Just before dinner he gets fussy. Now would be a good time to play with him or take him to the park or for a walk or something like that.


Nighttime~

  • At 8 o’clock I give him his bath. I let him play in there for a while. Sometimes you have to tell him it is time to get out, but most the time he will tell you when he wants out.
  • I take his bed stuff in the front room and dress him there. Then when I go to put everything up he usually fusses. I let him because it wears him out.
  • We do not play with Eli after he gets out of the bath. We dress him and then turn off all the lights except the one over the temple picture and his frog lamp (switch on the wall not plug) Make sure the sound machine is on , and turned to the thunder noise. He sleeps best with that one.
  • Putting him to sleep at night is a little different. If you get the vibe he is not fussy or ready for bed. Read him a book, brush his teeth. All bedtime stuff. When he is ready heat up milk and get his soft blanket. Put it on your shoulder, but hold him sideways. For some reason at night this is how he likes to go to sleep. He might rub his face on it a lot and move his head back and forth. That is all fine. Just part of his process. I hold him for a while then lay him in his crib. He usually rolls on his tummy or side with the brown blanket by his face. Then I place the big blanket beside him not on him. Fan on, but then turn off the frog light. If he wakes up and cries in the night DO NOT go in there he will put himself back to sleep in a few minutes. It is more of a fuss while moving around.

3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

that was really fun to read! You are so organized and put together, I love it! I hope I am that with it with our baby. I hope you and Jacob have a fun trip!

Linda said...

I really DO wish Cec and I were in town to take him at least ONE night. I'm sure the Kartchners and Gilmores will take good care of him...but I still wish we could too. We need to plan our trips better.

Linda

Elliot and Cami said...

How did the trip go without him? I haven't been brave enough to leave Cohen and I don't see it in my future :-/ I liked the little schedule. It's always fun to compare how other mom's do things. I did notice that Cohen sleeps way more than Eli. He loves his naps. Every baby is different!