Sunday, September 20, 2009

No More Mama Cow

Tonight was the last time I nursed Eli. A few months ago Jacob decided he wanted to go on vacation with out Eli. I was still nursing Eli so I told him I had to stop nursing before we could go. This motivated Jacob to help me start weening our little guy. On August 1st we started with taking away the morning feeding. At first it was hard because Eli didn't really like the cows milk, but after one week he was ok with it. Then after Allison left I dropped the two nap time feedings. This was actually a lot easier then I thought. It only took about two days of him pulling at my shirt and me saying no, and he never tried again. Now he really likes milk and asks for it sometimes. (there is one sippy cup for water, another for milk...this is how know what he wants, and he isn't getting milk when he thinks it is water) Now that over 2 months have gone by I have decide it is time to drop the final feeding.

It is kind of a bittersweet moment for me. On one hand I am so excited for the freedom it gives me. Then on the other I am sad because that just reminds me that everyday my baby boy needs me less and less. Not that he doesn't need me or will never need me, but I have to admit I get it. I get it when mother's have a hard time letting go of their little ones.

ps. Jacob and I leave for our little vacation on Thursday.

1 comment:

The Richins Family said...

good job. that is hard to do. i hope you have fun on your trip.