Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Splish Splash....

Eli was splish splashing all right just not in the tub. Yesterday I thought I would go outside and work on not being so white. I brought out Eli's jumper so I wouldn't have to worry about the pool. I guess Eli wanted nothing to do with the jumper so I figured I would just play with him and I could still get some sun that way. After playing with him for a little while I figured I would see what he thought of the pool water...mainly the cold part of it. I showed it to him at first he was really confused, but it didn't take him long to take right to it. He started splashing and parting and smiling so big. He loved it. The longer I let him splash the more wild he got. He is normally pretty mild but this is Eli times 10 around the pool. After a few minutes I thought I wonder what he will do if I put his whole body in the water. So I let him sit on the first step. At first he was like not sure about the cold and it looked like he adjusted his breathing like all of us would when first entering cold water. It wasn't two seconds later he wanted to just take off...it was so cute. I am calling today to get swimming lessons started as well as a net for the pool.

I have another video that shows him all the way in, but he is naked and I was not sure if you are allowed to post stuff like that??? It is really cute. If you want to see it I can e-mail it to you.

3 comments:

The Richins Family said...

what a cutie. if i remember right, back when he was just brand new, didn't he not like his baths? i guess i will have to scroll back through your blog to find out my answer. he is so chunky-monkey!he's going to love swimming this summer.

Nuestra Familia said...

He is such a fun boy. I went to the swim place on ray and gilbert yesterday, it looked really cool. I just take my girls to mesquite jr. the classes are less $ not not much for Eli's age.
BTW You looked great today

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Okay, for some reason, my blog doesn't show when you have updated yours...so I've been reading like 8 posts of yours that I haven't even seen yet!! I will have to figure that out asap. Anyway, Eli is so cute with the pool. We will have to get together to lay out and put the boys in the pool.