Sunday, November 30, 2008

4 months

On the 25th Eli turned 4 months old, which meant another trip to the doctor. Since my past experiences with taking Eli to the doctor have not been great I decided to ask around and try another doctor out. EVERYONE pretty much recommended Gilbert Pediatrics, so I thought I would take Eli there for his 4 month visit. I wish I could say that I had a plesant exsperience and that everything went great, but nope I was not so lucky. Everything started off great. I had everything I needed, which was the 1st time I went and didn't forget something! I even got there a few minutes early knowing I would need to fill out paperwork because Eli was a new patient.

After filling out the paper work I noticed the women sitting behind me had the smallest baby I had ever seen. I started talking to her and found out the baby was born at only 2 lbs!! This little baby was so small I couldn't believe it she looked fake she was so small. I got to talking to the mom and so that helped pass some of the time in the waiting room. Then after she got called back I started paying attention to the other parents in the waiting area. I started to observe moms walking in and walking straight back to the doctor. Then I noticed that people who arrived at the same time as me were already leaving!! I started to wonder if they forgot about me so I went up to the front. I could tell the receptionist saw I was waiting a while and asked Eli's name again. I told her and thought for sure I would be called back shortly. I started visiting with some other women in the waiting area. One of them I knew and didn't even know they had a baby so it was nice to catch up. My friend told me her appointment was at the same time as mine and she was leaving so I started to get up set and asked them if they forgot about us. She said no and I was the next person. Finally after waiting an hour and a half they called me back! This wait would be frustrating for anyone with a small child.

They took all of Eli's measurements and then I waited for the doctor. The doctor was Dr. Jones he was great. He answered all of my questions and was very informative. He took his time and was very helpful. I was concerned about vacinations so he talked to me about that, since Eli did not recieve any shots on his 2 month visit these shots were going to be his 1st. They wanted to give him 4 different shots, but I said only 2 at a time. So Eli got two shots one in each leg. While he was crying I noticed a white spot on the roof of his mouth. NOOO NOT THRUSH AGAIN!! I had the nurse bring the doctor back and sure enough it was back. Grrr!!! After getting a new prescription I left and realized I had been at the office for over 2 hours!

Eli as of today you ...
  • love it when your dad calls you  a cutie pa tootie. For some reason whenever he says this you crack up.
  • favorite toys are: your blue bear, your rattle with the lady bug, the sun with the catipillar & your blue elephant.
  • still love to watch your mobile.
  • hate your car seat.
  • love when we sing - you are my sunshine, the patty cake song with Mamo & The frowny face song
  • learned how to roll over one way and turn in cirlces on your blanket.
  • still only drink mommy's milk
  • talk all day long main words you say are: ah goo, (over and over again) and you learned how to make bubbles and make your lips motor boat.
  • laugh at all the silly things your parents do
  • hated your bath until you were 3 months old. Now your dad gives you one every night and you love it.

Things I want to remember...

  • How rolly polly your legs are. I love to count all your rolls.
  • Your little blue eyes. They are so sweet. For some reason even when you are crying it looks like you are smiling at me with your eyes.
  • One night your dad and I were playing with you. We were holding you over our heads talking to you and making you laugh. All of a sudden you spit up and we both barely dodge getting spit up in out faces!
  • How everytime you look at your daddy you get a big grin on your face.
Eli's current stats are:
Weight - 16 lbs. 14 oz 80%
Height - 26 3/4 in. 90%
Head - ??? 10% (still)
*Stephanie calls Eli Beetlejuice because his head is only in the 10%*



No comments: