Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Hero

I have been sick for the past week and therefore I have not been getting much sleep. The lack of sleep was really starting to get to me. I was frustrated during the day because I was just hoping Eli would take really long naps, and I was frustrated at night because that is when I felt the worst. Jacob saw that I was pretty warn down and this is where Jacob came to my rescue. I got up to feed Eli around 5 am. For some reason after this feeding Eli thought it was wake up time, and was ready for Mommy to play with him. Jacob (I am sure still sleepy himself) came in and sent me back to bed. He then turned off the baby monitor and took Eli until he knew we was starving for food. (Jacob told me he would have taken him longer if I just had a bottle pumped for him) It was so sweet because that little extra stretch of sleep was what I needed to get re energized for my days as a mother. I know to some this seems like nothing but to me it meant the world. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful and sweet husband.

5 comments:

laura said...

Sorry you have been sick! No fun! What a sweet husband. Ok I remember you telling me about your vacuum but I thought you said you got it at Costco? Was it Costco or Sams because I don't have a membership at Sam's. Thanks, I might just get that!

Dustin and Rachel Clyde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AJ and Cindy said...

Stacy I am so sad you can't see my blog! What do you mean...like the words don't show up? I am so confused. I hope it gets straightened out! Is it just my blog that you can't read?? :(

Cami Epperson said...

Tell Jacob "props" from me for rescuing you! I know how those few precious hours of sleep make a huge difference!

Kristi & Austin said...

ok i am sumb i just read it said it will be deleted after you read it, BLONDE!