Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life since Eli's Arrival

Oh what a week it has been. We got to bring Eli home on Saturday July 27th. It was such a treat to get out of the hospital and back into our own home. We also came home to a little surprise from my family. My mom and sister cleaned our entire house!! Plus my dad and Lee picked up our yard. Can you believe it? I have such an amazing family. They also left us some little presents. The 1st was this. This is what you saw when you drove up to our house.

Hmm I remember this picture being closer...oh well it is a sign for our neighbors telling them he has arrived with all of the details of his birth. (well not all the details, but you get the idea) We also put out our Eli boxes at the front door when we left for the hospital so people knew that is where we were.


Jacob's mom and dad also brought us some bath soap from Bath and Body works Aromatherapy for Energy and my family got us Aromatherapy for sleep. I think those are two things we both NEED! My family also got us this Willow Tree of a family with a new baby. I love it because the couple actually reminds me of Jacob and me. The guy even has curly hair!



On July 28th at 7:28 pm Jacob and I got a new nephew. Jacob's sister Allison had a sweet little boy and to top it off guess what they named him....Jacob Steven!!! He is named after the best man I know! Welcome to the world little Jacob. We already love you so much.


He is such a handsome baby!

My own sweet Jacob had his birthday too!! He turned the big 25! Although we didn't do too much for his birthday I still think he had a wonderful day. It started off with biscuits and Gravy made by his mother (his favorite) then he got to relax and watch movies during the day! We ate Taco Bell and Barro's pizza (more of his favorites) then that night we went to my parents house and got ice cream. He received cash from everyone (another favorite) and so this week he has been buying movies and books (obviously more favorites). Here are some pictures I got of Jacob's special day.

Here is the birthday boy!

Eli also had his 1st doctor's appointment. I think they should prepare mother's for this. I got there and filled out TONS of paper work. Then they took me back to the room and told me to undress him. Then they took his temperature, but in his bottom. Obviously Eli hated this, but to top it off he peed everywhere! Then she told me to pick him up and I followed her down the hall to get his length and weight (mind you we are both covered in pee) She made me hold his head while she measured him and then she made me take his diaper off again to get the correct weight! Then back down the hall to the room to meet with the doctor. He said Eli looked great and even said he was a good baby because he didn't cry while he was getting checked out.

As of Monday July 28th these are Eli's stats: Weight: 8 lbs 3 oz 50 - 75% , Height: 21 3/4 inches 75-90% and his head measured 33.8 cm 10 - 25% ( I guess he has a small head)

Stories to remember:

  1. I have received so much help from Ward members and my family. I am so thankful for all the meals that have been brought and the good wishes sent our way. I feel so blessed to have so much support right now.
  2. I have been a little bit of a worry wart. I have thought my baby has had a fever, thrush, and a rash. NONE of which are true, but I just stress about everything. My mother in law has told me to take things more in stride. I know she is right so I will try and take her advice.
  3. I have had a few moments where I have started crying out of nowhere for no reason. It is totally weird and has caught people as well as myself off guard. Oh these hormones are out of control. I wonder how long this part lasts?
  4. The 1st time Ethan saw Eli's stomach he asked what the heck that was in Eli's belly button we explained to him what it was. A few minutes later we heard Ethen calling it his extension cord instead of the umbilical cord....CLASSIC!
  5. Speaking of the umbilical cord 1/2 of it has fallen off on July 31st. Jacob was just holding him and all the sudden he was like where is his umbilical cord? We looked around for it and there it was stuck to Jacob's pants. I kept it in a bag on our counter for a day. I wasn't sure if this was something I was supposed to keep. I kept calling it my glorified scab. By the end of the day both Jacob and I decided it was kind of gross and we threw it away. Another piece of it fell off at Jacob's parents house. I have no idea where or when, but that will be funny when they find it!
  6. Eli has such a strong desire to suck. The nurse's at the hospital were even impressed at how great an eater he is. The other night as we were falling asleep I fell asleep to the sound of Eli going to town sucking on his hands. I just loved the little noises he was making.
  7. This is my favorite moment so far. Last night I was very tired and Eli wasn't really ready to go to sleep yet. Jacob came in told me to lay down and he was trying to put Eli down by rocking his cradle. He looked up at me with the biggest smile on his face. It was such a sweet moment because he was trying so hard to comfort both of us. I can honestly tell you Jacob never looked more handsome than he did at that moment. I just love my boys so much!
  8. Another moment actually happened this morming while I was typing this. One of the books Jacob bought with his birthday money was The Inevitable Apostasy and the Promised Restoration. Anyway, I fed him this morning and then we had wake time just like Baby Wise teaches( Eli got his first tummy time while he was awake, it was so cute seeing him try to roll over). I then laid him down in his crib and he started crying. Jacob and I do not want to spoil our kids and pick him up everytime he starts crying but it was very hard for me not to want to pick him up and hold him. Finally, Jacob told me to go in the other room and he read his new book next to Eli as he cried. Well, Jacob was right and Eli finally fell asleep and is still asleep at this moment. I'm greatful for Jacob. While Eli was crying I came in like three times and tried to talk Jacob into letting me pick him up but he wouldn't which now I am greatful for.

WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE FUTURE MEMORIES WE WILL MAKE WITH LITTLE ELI!

20 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

Such sweet little moments. I've been wondering what the first few weeks of being a mom will be like...being trapped in your home doing nothing but taking care of baby. It sounds wonderful :) What is Baby Wise? My parenting class that I took at Asu said that babies who were held all the time in the first 3 months actually cried less and were more content babies for the following year. I believe this advice except when it comes to sleeping through the night. They need to learn how to put themselves to sleep. But other than that, I'm going to hold him all day :) He is getting so cute and we can't wait to see him.

Ben said...

Hey Stacy - good work on the blog. We having been checking it often now that we now pictures of Eli are going to be on there. How did you get your cool blog list? I would really like to have ours do the same so we know who's blogs to check.

laura said...

Oh my gosh! He is the cutest baby ever! You guys sound like great parents. That is crazy that little family statue you got really looks like you guys!

Stock Family said...

Congratulations! I read the delivery post as well, and it made me tear up! It brought back those emotions I felt at the births of my kids. Yes, hold him often! You can't spoil a baby!! And, you'll be glad when he's older that you held him as much as you could when he was a baby. It goes by fast... enjoy it! He's so cute! Remember that you are the mom and do what your motherly instincts tell you to do! I am so happy for you!
Kari Barnes Stock

Veronica said...

You are making me very baby hungry with these last posts! What good parents!

Amy said...

Oh Stacy he is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for your cute little fam! I hope all continues to go great for you - you look amazing, as always! Congrats!

The Richins Family said...

oh stacy, i am sorry i didn't get your comment on my recipe blog till now i had my comments going to another email address that i no longer use, oops! i got that recipe from one of my old ward cookbooks. isn't it yummy?!

The Richins Family said...

cute parents you two are. that's great that you are recording all of this down. if i didn't record all of our kids things in their baby books, then i would have easily forgot it. good for you!! sleep is good. another good book to read, if you haven't already is baby wise. it's from the 80's but they have very useful information. anyway, sleep and take it easy. you have great family that helps out!

RegaNater said...

Stacy he is so cute!!! When can I come by and see him!!!

dan and ashley said...

i love that willow tree figurine! hey- i want to do my friends list with the updates like yours how do i do that???

Laura said...

Hey I might be in town next week and I for sure want to come by and see Eli (is that is okay!) Regan wants to come with me. We were talking tonight and both commented and what a cute baby he is! :)

Brette said...

I'm coming down August 23rd for my friends wedding. I want to stop by and see you guys? Do you think you'll be around? Happy late birthday to Jacob!

Kristen said...

So cute Stacy!! And you look so good too! I still have a little gift for him and now I can meet him too.

Jaron & Abby said...

Stacy he is so so cute. Congrats! That is a crack up that the nurse told you the wrong weight and he was actually so much bigger. I love chuncky babies. Oh and brigitte did my hair. She is getting really good.

Wood Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wood Family said...

Congrats!! so excited for you two and the memories you will have with the little guy! Enjoy the time when he sleeps all day becouse there will come a day when sleeping just isnt fun anymore and he is in to EVERYTHING and you just might wonder what the heck you were THINKING!! HA HA but you will never want to trade a moment, funny how that works.

McKinzi said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I love reading about his birthday and everything you felt and how it happened. You guys are gonna be great parents. I can't wait to see updates and pictures of him growing. He's such a cute little guy!

The Kemptons said...

Stacy he is a beautiful baby. I am so happy for you guys and you are so good to record everything.

Amy John said...

Hey Stacy! This is Amy (Campbell) John. So we went to our new ward today, and guess who is on the same roster?? You guys! Congrats on Eli!! Adorable!

katelines photography. said...

hey stacy- congrats- your boy is adorable!! hope you getting some sleep. :)