Sunday, August 24, 2008

1st month


It is crazy to think that Eli is already a month old. It seems like just the other day we brought him home for the first time. It has been fun adjusting to our new way of life. Since everything is pretty much new to everyone, this month has been a month of a lot of 1st's for us. the list of first's include:
  1. Eli has officially had his first poop up his back onto me and his clothes. I was hoping it would be a while before I had to deal with one of these kind of diapers. I am proud to report it was gross, but not that bad!! I think I handled it pretty well.
  2. Everyone knows that when you change a little boys diaper you have to use extra caution. My mom calls little boys little pee tails because they pee everywhere. Well Eli is a little pee tail he has peed on me, his dad and his own face. My mom thinks the time he peed on himself is absolutely hilarious. Jacob and I were such new parents we were so sad we did not find it as funny as my mom did. Now when she talks about it we can at least crack a little smile. I am sure there will be a lot more moments like this...

  3. Eli also had his 1st bottle. I have been told that you should introduce a bottle in the 3rd week so that they will not reject the idea of a bottle. In week two I was ready for someone else to join in on the feeding fun so I had Jacob give Eli his 1st bottle. I was told that I shouldn't even be in the room because Eli wouldn't want it if he knew he had other options. This is not true! Eli loved his bottle and took it like a little champ. I was worried that now he would only want bottles, but nope he loves both. I seriously have an amazing little guy. Jacob also did a great job. This was his 1st bottle he ever fed to a baby and he was a natural. We have now added the bottle into our daily routine.

  4. Jacob and I have been dying to take Eli for a walk, but since it is too hot and he is so little we have been putting it off. Once Eli turned 4 weeks I figured it was safe just to walk down our neighborhood. Jacob was extra excited about this little adventure because this meant he actually got to test out the stroller. Although Jacob and I really enjoyed the walk Eli did not stay awake for more then two steps out the door.



  5. After our walk i felt better about taking Eli out to visit more places. Since the walk he has been to the mall and 2 restaurants. The first restaurant went great he slept the entire time. The 2nd one things did not go so well. He slept the entire time until the exact moment the waiter put my plate down in front of me. It was at this time that Eli decided it was time for him to eat (even though he had already eaten) Needless to say I got the heck out of dodge because Eli was so upset!

  6. Since Jacob does not have a Sam's Club membership I was forced to leave Eli's side for the 1st time. I was so scared and I never hurried so fast in Sam's club before. I left Eli in the very loving carrying hands of his father, but for some reason I felt like a horrible Mom leaving his side when he was so little. I got home and everything was great at home. PHEW!!! What a relief. Jacob and I also left Eli for the 1st time and went to a business lunch. It was nice to have a free moment and free hand, but we both were happy to get back home to him as soon as the meal was over.

  7. Everyday I was carrying Eli around in my tummy I kept telling Jacob I just want him to be healthy, and have...curly dark hair, and blue eyes, and a smile like his dad. (I wasn't asking too much) Well I seriously got everything I wanted Eli didn't come out smiling like I had hoped but he did start smiling only two weeks later. I can't believe he started smiling so young. I am so incredible happy, because that just means he is more and more like his dad everyday. I also have proof of his smiling...now these are not his best as he seems to always stop smiling when the camera comes out, but I do have proof none the less.






  8. Eli's umbilical cord has been such an adventure for us. All my past experiences have taught me that it just falls off in one big chunk all the sudden one day. NOT THIS ONE!! Eli's has been falling out in pieces for about two weeks. I have been dying to give him his 1st official bath, but nope that thing was stubborn and would just keep hanging on. Finally one day it officially fell off and we got to give Eli his 1st official bath. I will let the pictures speak for themselves!


Yep that's right Eli hates getting baths! Oh well he loves to cuddle up after that so I get to at least enjoy that part! P.S. Out of nowhere, another piece appreard and then fell off a couple of days after this picture. I think now it is officially safe to say it is completely off.



Things I want to remember:

  • I so badly want to remember all the funny and cute noises and faces he makes. He makes this noise that can best be described as a goat. He also has this cry which I have not been able to catch on video yet, but it is so cute and totally fake. Jacob and I sometimes just sit and try to do our best Eli impersonation. I must say we are really good at them.




  • I love when he is awake and just looking around. The best in when he is on his Dad's chest and he is looking up at him. Oh my goodness his eyes get so big!

  • I love love love to watch Jacob burp Eli. For some reason I find this totally amusing. It must have something to do with his hand or wrist...it seriously cracks me up, but it always works and Dad gets the burp out!
  • Eli has added some more nicknames to his long list of names. His new nick names include: Jack Nicholson - I call him this because he has very little hair on top but a lot in back. When the hair in the back gets messy and pushed around it looks just like Jack's does in his movies! Pee tail- he has this nickname for obviouse reasons. And last but not least Goat boy- I call him this every time he makes the goat boy call! Oh yeah and he is still our posum he pretends to be sleeping all the time!

  • I will always remember how helpful my mother has been. She has really been there for me in moments of panic and pure desperation. I am so thankful to have such an awesome Mamo!

  • Aly and Ethan have both had really cute moments with Eli. Everyday just a little after 3 I get a call from Aly seeing if she can come over to my house and help with Eli. She even left me a message the other day that was so cute. I kept it and Jacob heard it and thought it was so cute too! (if Jacob thinks something is cute then it is really really cute) Now for Ethan's cute moment... The other night when we went to dinner Ethan wanted to ride in our car so we let him ride in the back with Eli. Eli was crying and looked back and Ethan had his hands in his lap and he looked totally worried. I realized he probably thought I was going to yell at him thinking he made him cry. I told him everything was ok and just to talk and try and comfort Eli. As soon as we got to the restaurant Eli wasn't crying and I told Ethan he did a wonderful job. Ethan turned to me and said, " Well see his Binky fell out so I just picked it up and put it in his mouth, and he stopped crying." I thought it was so cute, because Ethan was so serious!


Other things of Note:

  • My Mamo had a birthday. Obviously this was a very special an important event in our house. I am so thankful for her and had such a wonderful time spending time with her on her special day. Mamo we love you more then all the tea in China!

  • Chase also celebrated his birthday he turned 14 wow. It was funny because when we went to dinner for his birthday again and I realized that we went to the same place we went the year before! I guess some things never change.
  • Jacob and I have needed a new vacuum for a long time. The other day we were at Sam's Club and we noticed one of the vacuums I wanted was on sale. I was so pleased and excited so Jacob bought it for me...man I am such a happy camper. I love my new vacuum. Say hello to my new Dyson DC17 Slim.

  • My cousin Bridget is about to have a little baby boy join their family as well. On Saturday my mom, Steph, my aunt Deanna and I went to her shower. My Aunt Carma, and her two daughters Veronica and Jenny put it together. It is always so much fun to go to a party thrown by them because they are always so nice and pretty.

This is Bridget and her mom.

Jenny, Carma, and Veronica



The umbrellas were the party favors. I just had to get a picture of everyone with theirs!

11 comments:

rachel lee said...

AW!!!!!!!!!!!! SO adorable...

Posey Cowart said...

you are such a good mom with all your journaling! I really should take notes! ps... he is so cute! I want one!

Veronica said...

You are such a good mom already. So sweet. I'm so glad you came to the shower.

Elliot and Cami said...

It all looks so fun! Maybe now that you are taking Eli out more, you jacob Eli me and El can go to dinner or something soon? I know both our lives are crazy at the moment, but it would be fun. School started up again and we have to move out of our house by next week. yuck. I hope to see you guys soon! (and I love my Dyson!)

Brette said...

I can't belive he's already a month old! That's nuts. He's such a cute little guy. I love my Dyson. They are the best vaccums Ever! I love that little shirt Eli is wearing in the picture with your mom that says, ASH 08 on it. Too cute.

nolongerablog said...

holy crap he is a mini Jacob!!! I loved the video's, and I want the vac, how much were they?? we really need on too. Cory says thats what he wants for his birthday... only Cory.

Kenyon said...

What a little cutie pie and what great journaling! You really will want to remember all these cute little things that he does. You are a sweet Mamma!

dan and ashley said...

sorry- it's open again. give me your email

Kiersten Allred said...

What a cute little guy! I like all your comments. Makes everything about being a mom not sound so scary!

nolongerablog said...

girls nite my house Sept 13 @7:30 Sat... "girls nite" you remeber the last one?? same same but way more fun!! call me let me know! and i voted! hes Jacob...

Mrs. Allens Class said...

Man, you are on top of things. I really I hope that I can remember to blog when I am a new mom. I know that Eli will love to read all about this someday :) Eli is so so so so cute. I loved what you said about him cuddling up to you after his bath, baby cuddles are seriously one of the greater things about life.