Monday, August 11, 2008

Just settling in

This past week has been a busy one for our little household. Jacob and I are still adjusting to our new lifestyle at home. Our new lifestyle includes lots of diaper changes, me turning into Mama the feeding cow, and very little sleep. Although it has been an adjustment we have been having such a wonderful time with Eli in the house. Jacob and I enjoy having him around so much.
Other weekly events include Jacob's brother Jordan coming into town with his wife Katie and their little boy Carson. We have been over at Linda and Cecil's enjoying conversations and catching up with their cute family. I can't believe all the time we have spent over there, and yet I do not have one picture with Jordan and Katie. Jordan's visit was a little short lived and he left off to India on Wednesday, but lucky for us Katie will be staying until the end of this month! Katie is also a little photographer and she took some cute pictures of our little Eli. We of course are rookies about taking the pictures so we are going to do another session this week. Here are a few pictures that I think turned out pretty cute. Thank you Katie!!










On Friday Daniel also came in town from London so Saturday morning we went over to Linda and Cecil's again for breakfast and to hear all about Daniel's adventures. It sounds like he had a wonderful time. Jacob is always so happy when his family members are in town! Again I didn't get any pictures with Daniel but he is here for a few more days so hopefully I can get my act together! Jacob and I have also been enjoying the Olympics. We are true Michael Phelps fans, but then again who isn't. I have also been making Jacob watch a lot of volleyball. At first he didn't like it but I think he is starting to change his mind.


Eli also had his two week check up on Friday. I can proudly say I did a lot better this time. I was more prepared for what they were going to do with my little guy so I think it went a lot better. Plus Eli didn't pee this time when we took of his diaper so that in itself made the visit a lot better.




Here are Eli's current stats:


Height: 21 inches 50- 75%
Weight: 9 lbs 2 oz 50-75%
Head: 34.7 (not sure what they measure this in) 25-50%

14 comments:

dan and ashley said...

aw he's a cutie! moma the feeding cow!!!

Kenyon said...

These pictures are adoreable. He is such a doll!

Veronica said...

Oh my heavens! So cute! I wish I could smell him through the monitor!

Brette said...

haha mama the feeding cow. That's funny. His pictures turned out really cute! He is such a handsome little guy.

Elliot and Cami said...

You guys have been busy! He is so beautiful. I love his little nose! So Elliot and I are so anxious to meet him, but you guys are so busy! Hopefully this week we can stop by really quick. I need some motivation and assurance that this back pain is worth it! jk I know it will be.

Erin Davis said...

Wow those are cute pictures. He is a really cute baby. I bet you are an amazing mom!

nolongerablog said...

i love the picutes.. who took them for you guys?? hes a baby jacob!

The Richins Family said...

oh those pics are to precious. i am dreaming of the sweet baby smell right now. :)

Cami Epperson said...

He is so stinkin cute! I'm so happy for you guys and I hear ya on the cow thing. Hopefully you can keep up with it longer than I did... my only regret... although I don't know that I could have done anything different. Anyway, I'm so excited to meet him someday! You guys are going to have so much fun!

Flaherty Fam said...

What a cutie! I can't wait to see you guys and meet Eli in person. Having a baby is so much fun and so exhausting all at the same time.

Debbie Foster said...

hello.. just wanted to say congrats... i grew up with good old jacob... ur baby is adorable... i just had a baby about 5 months ago (march), he came 3 months early... he was due in june... crazy stuff...so when our babys get older we should have play dates.... but ur little man is so adorable... it was nice looking running into ur blog... crazy to see old friends all grown up... u guys have a beautiful family...

The Crandell Crew said...

What a sweet baby! Life as a mother is so fragile and so precious at the same time! Enjoy every coo, every smile, and know you can never kiss your baby too much! We are so happy for you and your new little family! Let's get together sooN!

Jake and Lynn said...

Stacy!!! Oh my goodness...he is absolutely darling!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I totally hear you on the mama cow thing. I can't wait to meet the little man. Hopefully that will be soon, I'm trying to get myself to arizona sometime in near future.

Larvin and Ashley said...

You definitely have a good looking little boy on your hands. You are going to be chasing off all the ladies.