Thursday, May 29, 2008

Snow Hall 505




2008

2002


In 2002 after I graduated I moved up to Logan Utah to attending college. I went there on a volleyball scholarship and was originally put in a room with 2 other volleyball players. I wanted to make other friends then just the girl on my volleyball team so I asked if I could be moved to another room. They moved me to room 505!!! I am so glad I did this! Not only did I make new friends but I made life long friends. We were some wild girls. Some of my best memories include.
  • When you 1st move into your dorm they are always decorated with a theme for example, ours was jungle like. Well the 4th floor was themed after things that are SWANK. They had all the saying and put their new slag word all over their floor. Well one night their RA was not too nice to a couple of my room mates so they decided to make a little change on their floor. They printed of K's of all sort of different sizes to cover up all the W's Turning the Swank floor into the SKANK floor!!!
  • During this semester of school Nelly's song it is getting hot in here was very popular. The lyrics in this song say..."Its getting hot in here (so hot) So take off all your clothes. We decided to put on ALL of our clothes. Then after we had on more clothes then we could move in we entered the common area blasting the song...to which we started taking of our 90 layers of clothing!!
  • Mullet night was another great night in out dorm. After a very hard practice. I started to get undressed and get in the shower. Well when I took out my ponytail I noticed my hair looked like a mullet. Everyone in the room started to make theirs into mullets as well. I really don't know why we started this but it ended up being really funny.
  • On one of our many shopping trips to Wal-Mart I found a huge Tennis ball. It was about the size of a basketball. I loved it so of course I bought it. We used this for many games we made up. One night we were playing one of our made up game and the boys from the 4th floor stole the ball. After chasing after them they dropped it out their window. We ran downstairs to get it. Well as Annie bent over to pick up the ball they dumped a whole bucket of water on her. This of course meant war. We attacked back totally soaking their apartment. Unfortunately they got the last laugh this time when they dumped a bucket of water under our door around 3:30 am. It flooded our Kitchen and our living room!!!
  • Continuing our battle with the boys... One night we snuck into their room and saw they had built a really cool fort after playing in the fort for a while we stole ALL of their toilet paper and left. They were so mad but never figured out it was us.
  • During finals week we decided one night that it was time to punk everyone on our own floor. We went to Wal-Mart AGAIN and bought all the clear duck tape we could find. After we thought everyone went to bed around 4 am We started to duct tape all of their doors closed. The next morning when they walked out they walked right into the wall of tape. Some got stuck. One girl got the term paper she was turning in stuck in the tape. Not having time to go reprint the paper she just cut around the tape and turned it in like that
  • After having some tape left over from our little door activity I had the bright idea to make 4 square in our room. We used our giant tennis ball as the ball and named the 4 squares. Big Daddy was the number one spot followed by boo-yah (I can't remember the 3 square but the 4th was poop on a log. Good times!!!

Obviously we did a lot and if I wrote everything I feel like I would be here all day. We became great friends during this time so we have kept in touch the past 6 years!!! Jacob being the sweet husband that he is wanted me to have a little reunion with them. So he flew me to Utah on May 16th. We met up on Saturday afternoon and went to Gateway Mall where we sat and talked for hours. Then I needed to buy a few things so we did a little bit of shopping. After Shopping we went to dinner and enjoyed a very yummy meal. I am so thankful for the fun times I have had with these girls. They are each so wonderful and so much fun. The next reunion I think is going to be in Arizona since all of them live in Utah I figure it is time for them to see good old AZ.

Here is a picture we got after eating dinner. This place was really cool. I like the flowers and the whole set up.

Then.

Now. (Starting from the left Kiersten, Cindy, Ashlyn, Me, Annie, & Aubrie) Ashlyn and I were in the same room and we are both pregnant. Which I think is so cool. This is her 2nd and my 1st.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

It was SO great to see you Stacy! It seriously felt like there had not been all those years in between us. We definitely need to make this a tradition. I already told AJ that we will be going to AZ in a few years for it! haha You are so cute and I loveyou!

Elliot and Cami said...

You look so cute with your little belly! I woke up this morning and realized I had one. It was like overnight I swear. I'm excited for your baby shower!

Annie said...

Oh, my gosh! I totally forgot about the water on my head!! Now I'm mad again at those punks! I'm glad you wrote down all these memories; it made me think of so many more! It was so good to see you and everyone.

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Wow i cant believe you only have 59 days left. that will go by so fast. I had so much fun seeing you and i cant wait to see you with your new little one.