Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day and more on Eli!!

Yahoo 28 weeks Down!!

Well it has been a while since I did a post all about our new little guy so I figured I had a lot of catching up to do. He is getting more and more active. Sometimes I even think he has little adventures going on in my tummy. I like to watch my stomach pop out from where he is kicking me. It reminds me of those old cartoons when their hearts are beating. I seriously feel like he is kicking out that far! I usually like when he kicks me but sometimes I have to talk to him and tell him he isn't being nice and that really hurts Mama. He usually stops right away so he is already a great listener and very obedient.


Things I don't want to forget....
1. On May 9th I had my glucose test. I have to drink this really sugary drink and then they will draw your blood exactly one hour later. They gave me the drink at my last visit and every time I opened my fridge it was a reminder of the fun times I had a head. I remember my sister not liking the drink at all so I was really worried I was going to throw it up. Well 30 minutes before my appointment I went to go drink the Fruit Punch flavored sugar drink and I couldn't get it open. Jacob couldn't go with me to this appointment so I was on my own getting this open. After 5 minutes of trying and totally failing I decided it was time to panic. (if I didn't pass this test then I would have to go back for a 3 hour test....no way I wanted that). I called Jacob and he told me to run to a neighbor and have them open it. Well for some reason everyone decided they didn't need to be home. I was at someones door I don't even know when all the sudden I got it open and I just started to drink it as fast as possible. It didn't taste that bad...I actually liked the 1st 2 sips then it got to sugary and I had a headache the rest of the day, but other then that it went great.

2. This doctor's appointment was also a big deal because I officially entered my third and final trimester. You usually go in every month and then after this visit you go to biweekly visits. Well my doctor said everything looks so great that he wanted to keep me at monthly visits. He explained that they usually go down but he felt there was not need to see me I was doing great. I loved hearing this...when your pregnant you can worry so much!!

3. I think I am also starting to get big enough where people feel they can come talk to me about the baby. I have had some weird comments. I am getting those little jokes like I am eating to much or something....this is not a funny joke. I really don't understand why anyone would think this is funny. Also this past weekend I started getting people touching my stomach. Now this is fine if I know you, but I was getting a pedicure and a lady touched my stomach!! Not a huge deal, but kind of weird...and I feel totally NOT NORMAL. Just for the record if I know you that's fine, but if you don't NO TOUCHY! I have a feeling this is only going to get worse, and I am to nice to say anything so I am going to have to just accept this weird thing.
(Here is a close up of our 28 week Eli)

4. Now my feet have been hurting really bad. So bad in fact I feel like I am playing volleyball all day again. I have been doing everything I can think of to numb the pain, but it is pretty frustrating. I have even gone to the chiropractor and bought surgical stockings to helped with the circulation. I have almost all movement back and I think I have gotten over this little bump...I HOPE!

5. This isn't something I really want to remember, but more something I wonder about often. Do other pregnant women feel like a duck? I seriously feel like when I look in the mirror I have a strong resemblance to Donald Duck! I wonder if I waddle when I walk? If you see me you will have to answer this question for me.

6. This story is one of my favorites so far. The other day I was at my parents house. I was walking down the stairs and my nephew Austin was walking up them. This angle put my stomach right in his face. He stops puts both hands and my stomach and says, "Stacy, whens your baby gunna hatch? " As he is shaking my stomach. Even now this cracks me up!!

7. On Sunday I was walking out of the Young Women's room talking to a few of my girls. Some of Jacob's priest were right outside the door and we all started talking. A few more priest started to walk up to us and when they saw me in the group they started pointing at my stomach saying, "Hey there is Elijah! Hi Elijah!!" I thought this was so cute because how many 16 to 18 year old Young Men would do that? I seriously love our youth they are so cute and sweet!!

8. My final memory for today is Mother's Day. This was my 1st and Jacob was so sweet. He got my Rose's and a card. I loved both of them I could tell he put a lot of thought into which flowers to get and which card was best to give me. He also treated me like a princess the whole day...he does this normally but he went the extra mile. I am so so so so lucky to have Jacob as my husband.

These are the flowers Jacob got me. I just love the color. They got a little wilted, because he hid them in the hot car so I wouldn't find them.

My mom got my sister and I these slippers. It was cute because we were both dressed for church, but we took off our church shoes and put these on. We were both at the kitchen sink cooking dinner with our new Slippers. The kids thought it was funny.

18 comments:

Flaherty Fam said...

Your little bump is so cute. I love all the cute little reminders you post. That's what I love about a blog...you get to look back at stuff you never want to forget. I love your whole "Donald Duck" question. I was just cracking up.

megan allen said...

So cute! You are such a cute pregnant woman!

The duck thing is funny b/c I find myself waddeling like a duck when I am around pregnant woman, EVEN IF I'M NOT PREGNANT!It's weird.

rachel lee said...

If you go to your dashboard and click on a link called Blogger In Draft it will give you a bunch of new options that blogger made. You then click on google gadgets and it is one of the gadgets there. The sucky part is you have to re-enter all your contacts to do it. I love it though. I can see who has updated instead of clicking on everyones to see they haven't changed anything. Let me know if that works for you...

Brette said...

You make such a good looking pregnant lady! I love the stories about Ethan and Austin. They always so the cutest things. I also think it's wierd that ladies put there hands on your stomach! Especially ladies you don't even know? wierdos...

Melissa said...

YOu are so cute! I can't believe that you are already 28 weeks-you look great!

Elliot and Cami said...

I can't believe how tiny you are for being 28 weeks! I'm so glad you talked me in to going to Dr. Huish. He is the best! We get to find out what we are having in like 3 weeks. (I will be 18 weeks so hopefully it is clear enough to tell!) I am so excited! Good luck to you guys! We need to get together soon

The Turleys said...

Stacey-
I was laughing so hard about you thinking you look like a duck. I have a really hard time believing that you would resemble a duck! Your look GREAT for 28 weeks. My goodness I really think that tall people look way better pregnant.

AJ and Cindy said...

Stace! A few days until I see you! I am so very excited! yay! and also, you are one of the cutest pregnant people ever, you are still so tiny and look great! I love the name you picked out! Anyways, do we have our plans set yet for this weekend?? lol let me know! Travel safe!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Your little growing belly is so cute! Sounds like you had a great first Mother's Day! That story about your nephew asking when your baby is going to hatch is so funny!

Jaron & Abby said...

You're belly is still so small. I loved that phase where it was obvious that you are prego and it is so cute. Then you hit week 36 and you stop feeling so cute. How fun that you are having a boy. I am kind of wanting a boy next. I love that name you picked. I can't wait to see his pix on your blog!

Jaron & Abby said...

Hey one more. How did you add that feature on your blog that tells you how long ago people posted on there blog?

Kenyon said...

You look so cute. You will LOVE that you recorded all these cute experiences. Happy first Mothers day!! Pretty flowers.

Emily Lauren said...

Stacy- So fun to read about your pregnancy adventures. I love that you feel like Donald Duck, ha ha. Good way to describe it but I never thought that when I was pregnant. I had to get compression stockings too but because my veins were poppin out- yikes!! It helped though.
How cute that you will have a little boy :) They really are so fun (I'm sure little girls are too but a little more stressful to dress). Keep us posted.

sara said...

Holy moly that has got to be the smallest 28-week belly I've ever seen! Lucky girl :) Great update and I love the name Eli!

Veronica said...

You look so cute, not like a duck! LOL! That is so funny! I can't wait to see him! This will be a very loved baby!

Jen&Joe said...

your so cute pregnant

McKell and John said...

Hi Stacy! You are so adorable! To answer your question, I think Livy looks like me , so a Toolson but you're the second person to say she looks like Ryan!

MenloveClan said...

OMIGOODNESS you look BEAUTIFUL! I wish I looked that good 3 months pregnant! Congratulations, really I am so excited for you and Jake! and ps..Love the name!:)