Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hmmm where do I start???....



Well I am not really sure where I should start with this post so if it goes everywhere you will just have to forgive me!!! I guess I will start with Christmas. This Christmas was my very 1st Christmas away from my family...well I guess I should say the Kartchner family. Jacob's parents (also known as Linda and Cecil) flew ALL of their children to Florida so we could all be together this holiday season. They got us a wonderful rental home where we all got to stay together and have so much fun. We went to Disney World and had a wonderful time. Our camera stopped working for some reason so I tried to steal pictures from my sister in laws page but that didn't work. So you will just have to trust me that we had a wonderful time.
I personally had a good time even though I wasn't allowed to ride any of the Disney fun fast rides. As you all know I am thrill seeker and I have yet to find a ride that scares me or I won't go on it. So you are probably wondering why I didn't ride anything and that is because my doctor told me I could not or else it would hurt the baby. No that wasn't a typo Jacob and I are expecting our 1st baby August 2nd!!! We are very very very excited. I am so excited I have made myself sick....no just kidding the baby has made me sick. Haha which is sometimes hilarious and other times very sad. (Now the story about the bird poop making me sick might make more sense to some of you now.)
Upon our return from Florida we spent New Year's with my family. Which was a lot of fun! My cousin's the Porter's came over and we played games and had a great time. We also had little treats made the fabulous Debbie and the night turned out great. The only problem was this is where the plague began!!! A few days after New Year Jacob started feeling very sick and found out everyone at the Gilmore's with the exception of my sister Stephanie were down very sick. We also found out my mom, dad, and Debbie were all the same way. Well it spread to our house and I ended up catching it too!!! On Saturday I honestly thought I was dying, and I know Jacob felt the same way. Linda my mother in law come and tried to help us back to health....WHICH I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR!! Everyone is slowing starting to get back to normal with the exception of myself. For some reason I am having a very hard time shaking this!
I just know there is more I am forgetting, but I honestly can't think right now, and this is getting to long. I am sorry this blog has been boring and I promise I will try much harder to keep up on this page....starting next week...maybe?

33 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Stace! Congratulations on the baby! I am so excited and happy for you! I am glad you had a great Christmas, it sounds so fun! Did you get our Christmas card? lol anyways, I am glad everything is going SO well for you! love you lots!

Linds said...

STACY!! JACOB!! I am so excited for you two, that is so great! How is it that we never got together while I was down there?! Next time for sure! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Cory♥Jessica said...

Congratulations on the baby! How exciting!

The Johnson Family said...

That's so exciting!! Were expecting out 2nd on Aug 27th!! Hope you get to feeling better, that's the worst part of being pregnant!!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yeah! FINALLY..I've known for like 3 weeks but I've been waiting for you to spill the beans! CONGRATS! You are going to be the best most lovey dovey mom. I am so excited for you guys.

Brette said...

Yay you've finally posted it!! I've been waiting for this post for some time now! I am soo excited for you and Jacob. You guys will make great parents!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Congratulations! This baby is going to be bea-u-ti-ful!

Flaherty Fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS! My mom and sister told me the great news and I am so excited for you. Sorry I can't sympathize with the whole "morning" sickness thing (just one more good thing about adopting). Sounds like Christmas was fun.

Amy John said...

Congratulations on being pregnant!! That is so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy!! I am so excited for you. What a precious time you and your family. How for along are you? I really, really, really want us to get together sometime soon. Call me:)

Ben and Chelsee said...

Oh, I guess you both forgot that since I brought you both together you owe me your first born...jk jk. But I am so happy for both of you, that baby couldn't be brought into a better home. Oh and I can't believe you said that it was a boring post when you just announced that you were pregnant! You are silly Stacy. Any post that has to do with babies is never boring, just as a general rule. I love you both and I am so happy for you!

Chelsee

The Turleys said...

Congrats!!!! That's is very exciting! I hope you start feeling better.... I did a lot of saltines, and plain boring Cherrios.

Kenyon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. Being a Mom is the BEST, you will be a great one.

Shums said...

ConGrAts!!! It's true, if you start to feel nauseous, EAT SOMETHING eventhough it's the last thing you wanna do. I'm so happy for you guys!

Wood Family said...

WOW , Congrats! We are so excited for you! Having a baby around is the best thing ever. I hope that you get over your sickness, when I was pregnant I came down with the stomach flu for a couple of days and it was so awful! SO I really fill for you! When do you find out what the babies going to be??? Keep us posted! Agian Congrats:)

Jake and Lynn said...

STACY!!!! Yipeeee you're Pregers!!! Enjoy the ride it is definitely an amazing one. I'm so excited for you two. As for the morning sickness, I lived off of Gatorade and Lemon-drops, it may sound weird but it calmed my stomach. Keep us posted I want to hear everything....

Jen&Joe said...

congrat stacy.. i had no idea! being a mom is so much fun your gonna love it. congrats again and i am so excited for you

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Stace--

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! As far as the morning sickness good luck. The only thing that helped me was some good old meds. I hope you get feeling better. Good Luck.

dan and ashley said...

yea- i'm glad i can finally blog-formally congratulate you! do you know it's a boy or aiden is just what you were thinking for a boy?? my b-day is aug 9th....

Amy said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you and your little fam! You are going to be one heck of a wonderful mom! Welcome to the club!

The Richins Family said...

Stacy! CongratS! That's very exciting!!! I hope you feel better and get over the sickness. With all3 of my babies, i was SO sick. Brayden was 6 months, brookie was 5 and tanner was 5. Good luck. Motion Sickness Bracelets, ice, and eating small meals, and fruit worked for me. Top ramen and crackers and gingerale works wonders when i am pregnant! try it, but i did throw that up too. dairy is the worst if you are throwing up, stay clear from that until you feel better. well congrats again.

Annie said...

I'm glad you follow the election, too. We're a little obsessed. I really like Romney. I think he could do a lot to fix our economy, and I think that's important. However, if things don't swing well for him I hope they do for Obama, because I'd be willing to vote Democrat for him. How do you guys feel? And..I'm so excited for you! You will be a cute, fun mom!

laura said...

Looks like I am the last one to read this and say CONGRATS! I remember going to Disneyland when I was first pregnant and not being able to go on the rides. They had to talk me out of going on splash mountain because I really wanted to! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see your growing belly. Let's get together next time I am in town!

Kristen said...

No..I am the last one to know! Congratulations Stacy! That is very exciting, and probably worth missing a few rides at Disneyland. =)

sara said...

Congratulations! Kids are awesome - obviously I think so, having had 4 kids in 3 1/2 years :) Molly will be so excited when I tell her; she sure misses you guys being her teacher! I'll start looking for a "bump" on Sundays! :) You guys will be super fun parents.

Jaron & Abby said...

Stacy Congratulations!!! How fun that you are pregnant. Well actually looking back I think pregnancy is about the worst thing in the world I'd take "that time of the month" over it any day. But the after part is amazing! How far along are you?

Emily Lauren said...

STACY!!! Congratulations! I was just reading your post like a normal update and then "baby" pops out!!! WHAT?? ha ha. That's such wonderful news and is so exciting!
Really having a baby is the neatest thing in the world. I had been so scared since everyone told me things like "be prepared cause you'll never get to _______ (insert almost any verb) again". I've been amazed at how wonderful it all is.
Keep us posted on how you feel, when you know the gender etc. Congrats, again.

Kate said...

Hooray for you guys! I just found a link to your blog on my sister's. We miss you guys. Tyson loved having you as his teachers. And before you were teaching primary, you were my only friend (besides Sara) in R.S. :) I'm so happy for you and your great news. Hope you get over the sickness soon.
xoxo- Kate Cupps

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

That's awesome Stacy! Congratulations! Can't wait to see all the updates!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations you guys!

Chance and Sarah said...

I already knew, but congrats again. Hope you aren't too sick. I know you have felt lousy the last couple of times I've seen you. Feel better and let's get together.

RegaNater said...

Congrats girl! I so excited for you!

Giles Fam said...

Hey you guys~ (I'm Lauren--one of Jacob's old friends. Jordan and my sister used to date :) I just found your blog and thought I'd wish you congratulations on your baby--that is so exciting!