Friday, January 18, 2008

Update # 2 (sorry still no pictures)

Well Yesterday Jacob and I had our 2nd doctor's appointment. We were very excited for this appointment because last time we we could not hear the heartbeat, because the baby was too small. So we both couldn't wait to hear it. I mean other then being sick, tired, and all the other joys of pregnancy it still didn't feel fully real. Well we got to the doctor and the moment came where she was trying to find the heartbeat. I think we both we freaking out thinking "What if she can't find it again!?!" Well she did!!! It was really neat, and I think we both just kind of listened in shock. She had to leave to get something so Jacob looks up at me and says, "So that was the heartbeat?", and I said, "yes, did you hear it?" Jacob replied,"Yes but I didn't expect it to sound like that!" I then asked, "well what did you think it was going to sound like?" He then starts to make the noise of the heart beat from dirty dancing. I don't know why but that totally cracked me up and I thought it was so cute. I think you had to see his face too because I think he was worried that it sounded so different. Everything else with the appointment went smoothly, and everything is right on track.

***Side notes that have nothing to do with the baby. My family went at Matta's for the last time. They are closing their location on Main Street. The rumor is it is closing for good. I also heard they will move down by river view, but if that does happen it won't open for a very long time. Either way my family was so sad. We seriously used to eat there like every weekend so you can understand this is a major event. I would have taken pictures but or battery for our camera still isn't here. Trust me once we get it I will take a lot more pictures. ***

14 comments:

Jon and Michelle said...

Stacy,
How in the world did you find my blog?? That is crazy to hear from you. Your blog is so cute and CONGRATS!! on the new baby news that is so fun!! We do need to keep in touch!! It was so fun to hear from you!!!
Michelle (Utah State)

Melissa said...

hi. so i happened accross you blog and i'm so excited for you! that is the coolest experience to hear the "swoosh-swoosh" of your baby's heart. CONGRATULATIONS!

Brooklyn said...

COngrats Stacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It's so special!!!!!! I am so excited for you and Jacob!

Elliot and Cami said...

How exciting! 3 months already??? Time goes by quick. I'm also sad about Mattas. It is our family spot for all birthdays and special occasions!

sara said...

Just wait until you get to feel the baby moving around in there, and also seeing the ultrasound... it's so amazing!!

I read about Matta's in the tribune this morning; it said the lady (Mrs. Matta) is 84 years old & ready to retire. But I don't know why she isn't just selling it? Anyway, sad regardless.

Kenyon said...

OOOHHHH, I loved hearing Jaxson's heartbeat, that first time is so special! How exciting Stacy. I am so sad Mattas is closing, I cant believe it, it is one of my favorites in the world!! :(

Ian and Kristen said...

ha ha stacy i remember feeling exactly the same way the first time I heard my baby's heart beat! I looked at the girl and said "Is that really what it's supposed to sound like?" Ha ha it sounds so squishy or something! Congrats! I'm excited for you guys!
-Kristen
ianandkristen.blogspot.com

Katie said...

That is so fun! So is it the next appointment that you get to have your ultrasound and find out the sex?? I am so anxious to know what it is going to be! Carson is so excited to have another cousin!

Kristen said...

No more Matta's? I think I managed to sneak quite a few meals in with your family...somehow we always used to be there when the to-go food came... Congrats on the baby, and funny hearbeats.

Kate said...

I just read about Matta's in the paper too. I can't believe it.Fun to hear your baby. During my first pregnancy (Tyson) they couldn't find the heartbeat at the first visit either and they sent me to the hospital for further testing. Everything was fine, but it was a little scary. I'm glad you heard your baby. FUN!!

Linds said...

How fun! I can't wait to meet the new little Ash! I did not know about Matta's and that seriously breaks my heart! I LOVE Matta's! Oh, and about your slow laptop, if you're wanting it to go faster, get new RAM memory not a new hard drive! It will work wonders! (I did that to my laptop last year and it made a huge difference in the speed)

Larvin and Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby!! I am so excited for you! The best remedy for sickness. I say sickness instead of morning sickness because I was sick all the time. The best is taking half a unisom and Vitamin B pills. It works like a charm.

Chance and Sarah said...

We get back on Tues. Jan 29th sometime in the morning. We should all get together that night. I am so freakin excited, you have no idea. Hawaii here I come. Oh, Friday we are going on the zip line safari thing. I heard they are so fun and have such amazing views. Don't worry I will take tons of pics.

laura said...

That is so exciting! I didn't realize you are so far along. What the heck about Matta's?! I am so mad, I didn't know that. The Haught family will be so disappointed!