Sunday, August 8, 2010

Perkin's Reunion

This weekend was the Perkins family reunion. The Perkin's line comes from my dad side. If you know my dad you know the most important things in his life are service and family. So this is like the super bowl for my dad. My dad left on Thursday and the boys, my mom and I came up on Friday. This place was really neat. It has camping, swings, volleyball, boats and horses all right in down town Showlow.
On Friday we didn't get up there until around 4. (man if is hard to leave the house with two little ones!) We sat a visited with cousins and just relaxed. Eli was just trying to get comfortable with his surroundings. Then we had a yummy dinner followed by some Karaoke. I left to put Liam down and my mom brought Eli to me a little later and told me Eli did the Karaoke and it was so cute. He sang Aretha Franklin's RESPECT! ha ha...I am so sad I missed it.
Saturday was full of fun. Eli did A LOT of swinging, basically whenever it was open Eli was on it. He also played on the teeter tatter, and loved that. I was so impressed that he figured it out so quickly. He did the paddle boots with the Gilmore's and also hit a pinata. He ate lots of Candy and lots of yummy food. Liam spent his time relaxing, being held, sleeping and eating. He was a happy camper.

Things I want to remember...
  • How happy my dad was. My dad really loves events like this and he enjoyed having all of us up there spending time with his family and getting to know about our ancestors.
  • We borrowed my uncle Doug's trailer so we got to camp...well as much as I camp. When we woke up Eli opened the door and said," mommy look." I looked and there were like 5 horses outside...even an baby one. Eli loved it.
  • I was not there for this part, but my Uncle Bill was getting the pinata ready making sure it went up and down smoothly. Jerel looks over at him and says, "your pinata is on fire." Bill thinks he is joking laughs then looks down and see that the bottom of the pinata was really on fire! I guess the bottom touch this bug candle that was lit!
  • Eli when grabbing the candy from the pinata would slowly walk up pick up one put it in his pocket and then get another...it was so cute. I thought this was so cute cause he had a bag, but he put it in his shirt pocket...just like his Papa.
  • Jacob did not came because he had a stressful week. I let him off the hook but I totally regret it. In the future I want him to come because we had such a nice time and I enjoy making memories like this with him too!
































1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

looks like such a fun time! gotta love family time :) love the pics of your boys, they are so cute!