Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eli's Coming!




Sometimes it seems like just yesterday Jacob and I decided to start our family, but to be more honest it seems more like forever ago! We have been so ready and excited for this new addition for quite some time that I can't believe the moment is almost here. So it's 9 months later and this is where we are...

1. I think we have bought everything we need for Eli's arrival. I am sure there are going to be some late night runs to the store for things here and there, but most of these runs will be done by Jacob. I have tried my hardest to get everything ready now before his arrival.


2. We have finished all of our classes and finished reading all the books we wanted to before he gets here. I am sure we will be reading a few chapters again when we are stressed or concerned, but at least we have them done before he is crying in our arms!


3. Our hospital bag is packed. Jacob was so funny about this hospital bag he wanted it packed even before Eli's room was finished. He was so worried we were not going to have anything ready and the hospital bag is where he thought we needed to start.


4. We finally have his room 90% done. I say 90% because the rest of the room we can not finish until we have our little guy in our arms. Jacob and I are both very pleased with how the room turned out and we think Eli will be very happy in there.

Here are some pictures of the room....


Here is the rocking chair area. Jacob comes into the room often and just sits there thinking. I think both of us have done that a few times.

Here is his crib. The skirt fabric is what I basically based the colors for the room around. I was in Mesa Sales and saw it and just knew this was for my little man. No the picture frame above the crib is not staying like that. There is a mat that holds pictures and we are going to add things like his foot print, 1st family pictures, blessing certificate and things like that in it.

Here is a close up of the bumper and the skirt. I think they are so pretty together. My cousin Veronica does some interior design and she helped me with the room. I know my cousin Jenny and Aunt Carma helped a lot with the sewing too! Which I love because most the stuff in his room was made by a family member.

Here is a close up of the quilt. It has a piece of each fabric used in the room.





This a a close up of the blanket. I love the details they added. My Aunt Carma hand stitched a lot of the pieces too. I feel like this was a labor of love which makes me love it even more!


Here is a close up of the rocking chair. I love the flur de lis and Jacob approved it because he says it is the boy scout symbol...I guess we both win!


Here is the changing table and storage area. We are going to add a big canvas picture of Eli in the center where the abacus is, once he is born. I will post it once I have it done. For obvious reasons it is not done yet! Debbie helped put together the arrangement in the corner. She is very talented with things like that. In the picture frame is a picture of Jacob and I.


This is on the wall when you enter the room. It actually turned out to be one of my favorites. As most of you know I love quotes and I was lucky enough to find two of my favorites. The blue one reads "Never, never, never give up" by Winston Churchill. The green one says "Work like you don't need money. Love like you have never been hurt. Sing like no one is listening. Dance, Dance, Dance like no one is watching" We originally wanted a frog on the shelf, but since I haven't found the perfect one the rabbit can stay for a while.



This is a name board my cousin Sarah made for Eli's baby shower. She is very crafty and the colors went wonderfully with the room.


Things I want to remember....

  • The night I went and bought everything for Eli's room Jacob got very excited waiting for me to return home. Once I got home he was sad to find out that the stroller was in my sister's car. Since he wanted to put it together that night we drove to her house to pick it up. While he was putting it together I was doing little touches on little Eli's room. All the sudden I see Jacob out of the corner of my eye starting to push the stroller around. I thought he was just making sure he put it together properly but then I noticed he kept pushing it down the hall. I started following him and I watched him walk around the house pushing it. He even walks by mirrors to see what he loooks like when pushing it. Everyday I find the stroller in a different room because our sweet little daddy is pushing it around the house!


  • Once I turned 36 weeks you go in for weekly appointments. The doctor checks to see how you are progressing towards delivery. Well, while I was being checked the doctor pointed out where all of Eli's body parts were starting with his feet (which are nicely placed by my ribs) all the way down to his head (down in my hips) While I was receiving my internal exam Jacob heard the doctor say there is the head. After the doctor left Jacob looked at me and said was he talking about Eli's head? Was he touching our babies head? Jacob's face showed totally terror and surprise. It was too cute!

  • I have officially turned into the family Buddha everyone comes up and rubs my tummy and sometimes shakes it a little. Maybe they think it works like a piggy bank and if you shake it Eli will just come right out!

  • My mother's new thing is to walk up to my tummy get really close and say "Eli this is your Mamo. I can't wait to see you. I love you." She told Jacob she does this so Eli will know her voice when he comes out. Well Jacob being the little comedian that he is thought it would be funny to say the same things to my tummy but in a really deep voice. It reminds me of Darth Vader saying "Luke I am your father.", but he is saying "Eli this is your Mamo." He does this, he says, to play a prank on Mamo, so when Eli comes out he will wonder why mamo has such a high voice rather than the low voice he has heard. This still makes me laugh to think about.

  • I want to remember how impatient I have become about waiting for my little man. The past few days I have stressed that he must come out. I have tried everything walking 5 miles nightly with whoever I can get to walk with me. I have gotten pedicures ( I guess the pressure points can put you in labor)and eaten spicy foods. I have even tried Bleacher laps. You should have seen the looks I got when people saw a 9 month pregnant woman running up and down bleachers and around the track. I am sure they thought I was insane. Needless to say none of those worked because he is obviously still in my tummy. I have decided he will only come out when he is ready, which I think he has gotten to comfortable and isn't planning on coming out any time soon.

  • Eli has received a new nickname from me...the Possum. I call him this because I picture him with his long Brewer toes (Brewer is my mother's side of the family) wrapped around my ribs sleeping comfortably upside down inside me, way to happy and comfy. I am sure he looks something like this... (When Jacob saw this picture he said, "I hope not!")
  • The other night Jacob and I walked from our house to my parents house. When we got there my brother was in the driveway. He pointed at me laughing and said you look like Ichabod Crane, but with a pumpkin under your shirt. This made me really start laughing.
  • Eli has an anthem song it is by 3 Dog Night and it is called Eli is Coming. Every night I hear it in my head...

I have loved being pregnant and hated it at the same time. It truly is a challenge, but with one amazing reward. I feel so blessed to even be given the opportunity to carry a child and be a mother. I am so thankful for a loving husband and a healthy pregnancy so far. We are truly blessed!! Hopefully my next post will be pictures of our sweet Elijah Jennings Ash.

28 comments:

Katie said...

Stacy you look beautiful at nine months pregnant!! The room looks gorgeous. It will be so fun to have a baby to put in it. I can't wait to meet the little man!

Shums said...

it looks like you guys are more than prepared for your little guy! he is so lucky to get you guys for parents, you'll be great at it! the nursery is beautiful, landon is jealous.

Larvin and Ashley said...

No fair, you look great even being nine months pregnant. Good luck!

Elliot and Cami said...

You look so pretty in that pic! The nursery looks great, very elegant. You guys are so prepared! I hope I can get my act together. Can't wait to see Eli!

laura said...

Wow! I love the colors in the nursery! By the way I have an Aunt Carma too, haha. Ok so you are very prepared and ready. I have to say that I didn't want Tylie to come so soon, I was scared to death! You are crazy to run bleachers!!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Haha! I love the possum!!

Veronica said...

I think you look so great! I decided that the Lord was smart. He decided to make you so miserable at the very end that you would be willing to go thru labor! I've taken some of your pictures - thank you!

RegaNater said...

Good luck I'm so excited to meet him!!!

sara said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your nursery! The colors, fabrics, etc are just amazing. Great post - you'll be so glad to have all of this stuff written down for the future :) Can't wait to see the little guy in real life!

McKell and John said...

Love, love, love his cute room! good luck with the delivery! You look fabulous!

The Kemptons said...

The room is so cute. You did such a great job. I know how you feel and hope that Eli comes soon. Your both ready to be done being pregnant, but you also want to see what your little guy looks like. It is so exciting. Good luck with everything. Do you know which hospital you are delivering at?

Linda said...

Stacy, you write so well. We feel a part of this pregnancy experience because of your willingness to share it with us in your journal/blog. THANKS! We're so ready to see Eli! Can't wait!!!

Linda

Whitney said...

good thing we came to your house before getting your blog address . . cuz you already posted all the pics - which i'm so glad for, i've been telling everyone how cute your nursery is!! so fun to see you guys and yes we are crossing our fingers that eli gets here before we take off!!

Flaherty Fam said...

I can't believe Eli is almost here. It may seem like forever for you, but it has gone so fast and you look fantastic prego. I love his room and colors. I can't wait to meet him. Good luck with everything.

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

You look so cute! And I love Eli's room! Good luck with everything. You sound like your ready to get him into this world! Can't wait to see pictures!

The Richins Family said...

Stacy, i copied some pics, thank you! I enjoyed making your bedding. i love how the colors turned out. it turned out so well. i just love those drapes!!! He's gonna be a cutie! can't wait to meet him. that was a great post, you write so well!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Stacy--

I am so excited for you. Your little man will be here any day. I love the nursery its super cute. I have the same stroller and love it and so does our little man. we will have to plan some play dates for our little boys in a couple years. Good luck with everything!

dan and ashley said...

you guys are so cute! jacob sounds like he will be a great daddy and you sound more than prepared for this little guy! i wish i felt that way! i guess i still have 6 months! you'll have to keep us posted on his BIG day! where are you delivereing at? *i have been known to put my clients into labor after they come get their hair done! :) there's an idea for ya! sounds MUCH better than running bleachers you nut!

Kenyon said...

His room is adoreable and you look great! I am so excited for you :)

Mrs. Allens Class said...

Oh my goodness the room couldn't have turned out more beautiful! The crib set looks wonderful painted :) I look forward to seeing Eli!!!

Jaime S. said...

hi friend. i made my blog private and I want to add you as a reader. shoot me an email at sheltonjc@gmail.com.
love ya

congrats on the arrival of a happy little boy

Brooklyn said...

His room is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! I can't wait to see him :)

sara said...

Hey Stacy I heard that Eli came on Thursday - right? Can't wait to see pictures! I hope you're feeling well and congratulations!!!

Cami Epperson said...

Well, I'm waiting for the new baby blog as I'm sure he's here now! The room is so cute and I can't wait to hear how you and he are doing... and how Jacob likes pushing a stroller with a baby actually in it! :)

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Hey his room looks great! I bet you just cant wait to get him in there. Let me know when he is here. I am so jealous that the day is so close for you. I wish i had 5 days left. I hope every thing goes great with the labor.

Kiersten Allred said...

Congratulations!!!

Brette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brette said...

I think it's anonymous... We ALL want to see pictures of him!! Things are probably hectic right now so i'm being patient... BUT I can't wait to hear how everything went and talk to you about everything. I'm so happy for you guys and you will be amazing parents! Congrats!!