Friday, December 2, 2011

18 Months

Liam is now 18 months! I am so happy to say that ever since he has reached this milestone he has been a much easier happier baby. Although I hate to see them grow up it is so wonderful this new little stage we are in. Liam is the little jokester. You can tell teasing is fun for him. He is also super loving a caring. He loves to cuddle and kiss on people. He favorite person to mimic is of course Eli. If Eli can do something Liam thinks he can do it too. Most the time he pulls it off too. I would say 100% of the time if we say we are doing some thing or going somewhere Liam quickly starts yelling, "me!" and points and himself to make sure we know he wants to do it too.
Liam still isn't talking too much and even when we took him to the Dr there was a little concern about his speech development. Dr. Auxier felt that he was doing good enough to hold off on some testing but he said we would reevaluate at his 2 year check up. Saying Liam doesn't talk should not be confused with the fact that he can't communicate. It is shocking what the little guy can get you to understand with out even saying a word!

Liam's current stats are:
Height: 33.5 inches or 80th%tile
Weight: 25lbs 14 oz 48%tile
Head: 19in 62%tile
As you can see he is growing great and is a happy healthy baby boy! I mean toddler!

Things I want to remember:
  •  Liam just loves watching westerns. He doesn't really watch any tv but if my dad is home and a western is on he is right there.
  • He likes to run with his shoes one. Sometimes he just brings me his shoes or boots and runs around the house in a diaper and the shoes. He looks down while he runs and watches his feet. 
  • He loves to put things on his head. He loves hats, headbands or anything else he can put on his head. I don't know why he has this fascination, but he sure does love to put different hats and things on his head.
  • Liam also enter nursery this month. I thought for sure I would spend the rest of my days just sitting in nursery cause he would never let me leave. Boy was I wrong. The kid is great in there and he isn't even a bully he is nice and so sweet.

No comments: