Monday, September 5, 2011

Things to Remember

Lately it seems as though time is passing by me. Everyday my boys do something cute, sweet or funny and I feel like I am not documenting it enough. So this post I just wanted to sit down and take a moment to remember some of the cute things they are into and like to to right now.

Things to remember...
  • Eli and Liam are true blue buddies. They just run around the house laughing and playing together. They wrestle and even build things together. Sometimes I try to take them places alone with me so that they can have some one on one time with me. Whenever I take Eli he always asks where his brother is and says he doesn't want to go without him. I know if Liam would talk he would say the same thing.
  • Eli is really into super heroes right now. He runs around the house and says he is super Eli or he will turn into robot and he is iron man. Eli walks around humming the ironman song and that is supper cute. Liam has heard it so much that he has now started to hum the tune as well. Eli likes shooting the bad guys too. It is a very cute sweet thing that I am sure lots of little boys do, but Eli does it the best. We were at the mall and Eli would stand in mirrors by me and do super hero moves and watch himself in the mirror.
  • Liam is the master mimic right now. He see us do something and he joins right in. Right now he notices that Eli wear underwear and he wears diapers. So he will bring me underroos and have me put them over his diaper. Then they both grab their rain boots and run around the house.
  • Eli sometimes will point up in the sky and say look mom it is buzz light-year. I would then look up and see the streaks left behind from airplanes. Whenever he sees those he thinks it is buzz flying to infinity and beyond! He also sees yellow cars and says they are bubble bee and big rigs are optimums prime (if blue) and sentinel prime if another color.
  • Both boys love to wrap up in a soft blankets, and hang our with that blanket all day. Liam even takes it a step farther and he just loves soft things. Liam when my hair is down will run his fingers through it. Or if it is braided he will even play with the ends. The other day my hair was up in a bun so he couldn't get any of it and he started pointing at me and yelling. Basically telling me he was mad he couldn't play with my hair. Needless to say I hardly ever wear my hair in a bun any more.
  • Both boys just love to be outside and doing things. I love to do yard work and help their day. Just the other night Jacob and my dad were planting our winter grass and Eli and Liam both stayed outside with them and helped. Even when the sun went down they stayed out there helping.
  • They boys also love to take baths. If I need to get dress and get something done I will just put them in the bath and they will play for such a long time. (I of course stay in the bathroom and do my work, but it keeps them busy)
  • Marley is a staple in their lives. Liam rolls and plays on him and Eli calls for him to follow him around the house. Marley always stays by the house, but the other day he took off and we thought he was lost (well he was lost). Eli was so worried he went out calling and looking for him. He drove around looking for him. When our neighbor showed up with the dog both the boys were beyond happy!




No comments: