Saturday, July 2, 2011

Coronado

My family went to Coronado this year for a family vacation. Jacob has missed to much work from India, Vietnam and Hawaii that he didn't feel like he could go, so it was just me and the boys for a week. I would send Jacob e-mails every night to let him know what we did and just check in. I thought the e-mails would be the best way to keep track of the trip...enjoy.

Saturday, June 25th Subject: We're here!
So the boys and I made it safely to Coronado. As you know we had breakfast at Mike's big breakfast which is this 100% organic made from from scratch place. The food was pretty good. Liam and Eli loved the pancakes. I had eggs and hash browns it was good but nothing out of this world. Then we got in the car a headed out. Liam feel asleep right away but then got woken up. So he cried and went a little crazy for about an hour. He also played for about an hour. Then we stopped for gas and got snacks. Liam again feel asleep and got woken up. This time he went crazy the whole time. It was HORRIBLE! Notice I haven't said anything about Eli. That is because he was a total angel never made a peep, never complained.

Once we finally got here around 1:30 we ate lunch and then got to the house. It is really cute, but all the houses here are like that. We got organized then went to the store to get some food. Then rushed back to make it to dinner at Miguel's. This yummy Mexican food place. We walked there which was super far and I carried Liam the whole way. He also was asleep so that was really hard. I thought I was going to die. We got about half way there when we realized we forgot Austin! So Jerel and Steph ran back and got him. He was sleeping! After dinner we came home and had smores in the fire pit in the Backyard. Then I bathed the boys. They were so dirty the white tub was black! Also just as I was about to pull them out Liam threw up in the tub. So I had to drain it and wash them again!

Needless to say I AM TIRED! I am going to bed! Good night love you.

Sunday, June 26th Subject: Day 2
Jacob,
It the end of day two and I am just crawling in bed trying to unwind from our very active day. Mine started at 5 because that is when Liam decided to wake up. He was hard to deal with at that hour cause he would not let me sit down or put him down. We did that tango till 7 when my dad came down. I asked if he would take him and I went to sleep til 9 so I ended up getting a good nights rest.
Then I hurried got dressed and we walked down to the ferry boats and rode one over to Coronado. There we ate lunch walked around some shops and went on the midway. Midway is a battleship that you can tour. It is HUGE! Eli liked climbing up the stairs and climbing into planes. Liam actually really liked it too and at points would get so excited. I thought several times Jacob would love seeing all this.
After the battleship we drove home to the house relaxed then made tuna melts for dinner. Liam and Eli were so dirty I put them in the bath and they left a little ring of dirt on the tub.
All in all I think it was a great day and we had fun. Tomorrow we are going to the beach. Eli is VERY VERY EXCITED! I have taken a lot of pictures and tomorrow I plan on taking many more. Love you

Your baby.
PS we saw some crabs in some rocks today wanting Eli to be happy I climbed the wall and tried to catch one. I failed but I tried. It was actually really scary but I didn't let Eli know I was scared. I told him I will try again tomorrow. He is excited hopefully I can succeeded.

Monday June 27th Subject: Another day down
Jacob,
Another day has passed and we are still happy healthy and safe. Today was our first day at the beach. I can honestly say the day did not even come near how I pictured it. When I was at the hospital the Gilmore's came back with all these cute pictures of Eli at the beach so happy and loving life. I thought he would still love it and since Liam is close to Eli's age at the time he would love it too. The reality was this...Eli liked it loved playing in the sand and got it everywhere. Even at one point we berried him in the sand. He loved that. I tried to take him in the water it was freezing but I did it for him. He did not like he cold. So we did go in a little bit a few times but spent most of our time in the sand.
Liam was tired when we got there so he slept under a towel on my moms lap. Then when he woke up he was happy player for a little bits but I would say he didn't like the sand and it was all over his face. He then would rub his eyes and it would only make it worse. I would say Liam would be fine never going to the beach again.
We came home early afternoon ate lunch and then Liam and I took a little nap. Then I just played with the boys the rest of the day. For dinner we had tin foil dinners. Which were a hit. Liam ate a lot and Eli would have had more if he wasn't freezing ...we ate outside.
The whole time I have been here I have been thinking how great it would be to own a beach house here. Rent it out and enjoy it year round when empty. The houses are super cute and it would be fun. Then I realize Cali kind of sucks. The water is freezing year round and the traffic sucks. The houses are super pricey. I have decided if we ever do own property to rent Hawaii and Hawaii only. Year round it is awesome and they r actually cheaper then Cali.
Tomorrow we r going to the San Diego zoo. Eli has no idea how much fun he is going to have I think Liam will like it too. I will keep u posted. So I think this is my third email with nothing back...shame shame. I still love and miss you.

Tuesday June 28th
Subject: Tuesday zoo day

Hey hubby,
As you know today was zoo day and what a day it was. We honestly saw I think EVERYTHING! we got to the zoo at 9:00 or 9:15 or so and didn't leave until 4:45. The zoo is super expensive $40 just to get in so I think we all felt we needed to get our money worth. Eli and Liam seemed to really like it. They both for some reason really loved the Meercats (sp?). Eli even asked if we could take them home. Eli also like the high ride thing that takes you around the zoo. For some reason I can not remember the name. Anyway Liam was cute because I was surprised at how much he noticed and how quickly he caught on. My favorite part was the....I am sure you can fill in the dot dot dot but just in case u don't know me at all it's the giraffes. These ones had such pretty coats and they were really close.
After the zoo we came home ate dinner and then everyone else went to the beach to watch the sunset. I thought it was too cold and Eli is getting a runny nose so we got yogurt instead. Then I bathed the boys and put them to bed. I actually played some cards tonight after the boys were asleep. It had been at least a year since I played cards!
Tomorrow we r going to the beach in the afternoon but we still don't have plans for the morning. Any ideas? It was good to talk to you today as I was putting Eli down he kept talking about his daddy and that he loves his daddy. It was sweet and I can tell he wishes u were here. Me too it would be nice to go to the zoo with you today. I know how much u love it. However we r so thankful for a hard working dad who loves us. Thanks for working so hard to provide for us. Love u more then all the sand in the world (being here I think there is more fitting then all the tea in China)
Stacy
PS my parents didn't go to the zoo today and they had sea food at lunch. There was left over crab so they brought some home for Eli. Eli ate it and LOVED it. I think we r going to try to go somewhere he can have crab and lobster and break there shells. I think he will really love that.

Wednesday June 29th
Subject: Del Mar Fair

Today was another out and about keep it moving kind of day. We got up took our time getting dressed then headed to the Del Mar race track which is being used as the San Diego fair grounds right now. We started the day off in kiddie land and pretty much let Eli ride everything. Liam really liked stuff and they were super nice and let him ride too. However I had to be there so it was just a way of getting me to pay more. Like a dope I feel or it. They may have got our money but I took those kids on every ride possible. They had a blast and then they were done. We fed them and then my parents took them home. I stayed back and rode some of the adult rides with Aly and Ethan. Then we came home and ate at this Burger joint. It wasn't a diner but more of a hip place. It was really yummy and Eli and Liam went to town!
Then we walked to try and digest some of the food. I went in this salon and started talking to the owner and she lived right by us but in the circle G where the Barney's and Brown's live. She is really good friends with Casey and Kathleen Wulfurt. Plus she knows the people who started me in club volleyball. Small world huh. Anyway I sat and chatted with for a while I think that drove the Gilmore's crazy but I just loved her she was so sweet.
After dinner we came home and I bathed or two very dirty boys and put them to bed. Then I snuck out for some yogurt. Oh it was so good I am going back tomorrow. I just crawled into bed and I found Eli laying in bed wide awake. I think he was waiting for me to come in to go to sleep. Poor Guy he has just been laying there for an hour!
All and all today was a great day. The kids were super cute and lots of fun. After I took Liam on a couple of rides he grabbed me and kissed me and jumped around. It was like he was telling me thank you and showing what a big boy he thought he was. Oh these boys are heaven on earth. I just love them so much.
I love you and miss you. Sorry we didn't get to talk today I will try and call tomorrow. Love ya

Thursday June 30th
Subject: Coming Home

Jacob,
We just wrapped up our last day here and I think today was my favorite. We got up and everyone else went to breakfast but the boys and I stayed home and ate. Then when everyone else got back we went to the beach. I planned on the boys not really liking it and fighting to keep them happy again. However this time was what I pictured when I planned this trip. Both boys loved digging and playing in the sand. They would even throw it up or at each other and just laugh and laugh. They both got in the water and splashed around. Liam even walked around in it holding my hand. Liam also liked just sitting back eating watching everyone and the birds. Eli and Liam really liked when I would build a castle for them to smash and destroy. I took Eli way out in the water twice and once and a boogie board with handles. He hated that and it even tipped over. After that the boys had it so my dad picked me and the boys up.
We went back to the house and hung out in the front yard. I made us a picnic and we ate it in the front yard. Both boys really loved that. Eli kept saying I never have picnics at my house. Haha funny kid. I could tell Eli is getting home sick because today he kept saying he wanted to go to our house and when we pulled up to the rental he said NOT THIS ONE! he also kept asking to play with Marley. After lunch Liam took a nap and my mom and I got a yogurt and played cards.
Tonight we went to a really nice sea food restaurant and Eli got to eat a crab. It came out even looking like crab and we ate the shell and everything. Eli loved it and so did Liam. Together they ate about 90% of the crab. After dinner we went to the beach again. Eli went nuts he got even more excited and played too hard. I think the water was warmer today because I even enjoyed it. I like Cali again now. I guess we could get a vacation home here now :) on the way home we got yogurt. I know what you are thinking again? But Jacob they have this peanut butter that is to die for. I had half vanilla half peanut butter topped with crushed almonds, blueberries and cookie dough. Holy cow it is amazing. I LOVE IT. When I got home I said Eli in 10 minutes its time to go to bed Eli replied. I want to go to bed now. So that is what we did. I put the boys down played some more cards and now it is bed time for me too.
We come home tomorrow. Honestly if u were not there I would stay here. I hate coming home to the heat. Grrr. Well I will see you soon. Love you Mister. Hope you enjoyed your bachelor week.



































.










This door was super heavy but Eli was determined to close it.





Eli might be an actor I told him to look sad and this is what I got.







I told Eli to Solute and I got this...then I got this...





































Eli wanted to see the buff monkey



























They were watching this guy dance. I guess they were dumbfounded


























Eli acting again. I told him to looks scared and sad.

Eating lobster and crab



















Trying to escape


































































Eli took this

Sand under the chin

Eli took this one too
















3 comments:

Vickie said...

Love the post. Loved being in Coronado with you and those handsome little men. Love that beautiful little family!

Mom

Linda said...

I'm just getting at my emails...what a fun trip you had. Jacob missed out!!!

Linda

The Richins Family said...

I love looking at your blog, you are always having so much fun.

it looks like you had a blast!