Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sky diving

I jumped out of a perfectly good plane just because I wanted too and I lived to tell about it! I figured this was a pretty big deal and so it deserved it's own post. I have been wanting to sky dive forever! I have never had anyone to go with so I just never got around to it. Then I had two kids and I thought now I will never do it. While we were in Hawaii some people threw out the idea of going and I thought it is now or never...so I went.

I was not scared at all, and I loved looking at the views. It was crazy as we were climbing up they kept opening the door and that was weird to have happen and then think in a few seconds I am going to be going out the door. I asked the guy if we could spin as we jumped out so we did a few flips out the door and then free feel some. Once we got out of the clouds and I could see the ground is when he pulled the cord for the parachute. The guy taking pictures kept falling as I was jerked up. That part by far was my favorite part. The whole way down I really felt like I had to focus to get a breath, but it was easy to breath. Overall it was a really good exsperience and I really happy I did it. However it wasn't what I thought it would be, and I don't think I would go again. It didn't give me that feeling in my stomach that I love so that is the main reason I was disappointed. I honestly didn't like how everyone was looking at me and I was forced to show my emotions or whatever. I think if I just got to enjoy it I would like it better. Anyway it was awesome I am glad I did it































1 comment:

The Richins Family said...

oh my gosh, what a chance to go to hawaii with your whole family. what fun. but i cannot believe you went skydiving. i know you are a thrill seeker, but still. i am glad you are safe. so glad you had fun.