Thursday, February 4, 2010

A fun fun day!!

The weather has been so wonderful that I figured Eli and I needed to get out. I am sick of the park so we headed to the Zoo and boy am I glad we did. Eli and I had so much fun!! We started off by riding the carousel. Eli seemed to like riding them when we were in Disneyland however he has not liked it since. Poor guy smiled and shaked the whole time he did not like it. I guess we will take a break from that for a while. After our little ride it was off to see the animals. They have a new exhibit where you can feed the Giraffe's. Since they are my favorite animal I HAD TO DO IT. I can honestly tell you I was like a child, and loved every minute of it. Eli enjoyed it however he was concerned about the Giraffe's tongue ever time it licked us. Eli liked seeing the lion and tiger, when we saw each one he growled. It was so cute!! The monkey's are always fun and Eli thought so too he kept saying "oooo aaaaa" then he would get confused and start singing Elmo. It was so cute. Monkey village was very active today so there were a lot of monkey's out and about. Eli kept calling for the monkey's saying, " Monkey? Monkey? There he is." After Eli and I left monkey village we stopped for a snack and shared a banana. On our way to the petting zoo Eli spotted a rock that looked like a frog he kept saying, " Ribbit, Ribbit." I thought was wanted to get closer so I put him on top for a picture, he wasn't so sure about being that close to the frog. The petting zoo was a hit as always. Eli loves petting all the animals and walking around to each one. At one point I caught Eli laying on a goat. The goat didn't like it and started to head butt Eli. Of course Eli thought it was playing and was going to try and head butt back...I quickly got Eli out of there. After petting the animals I thought Eli needed to run around a little more so we spent some time at one of the playgrounds. On our way to the parking lot we stopped by a few more animals but one of the funniest was the turtle. He couldn't see if for a while and just kept looking at me like why are are staring at these rocks. Then all the sudden one of the turtles moved his head and Eli realized it was living and let out the biggest, hardest belly laugh ever! Then tried hitting all the other rocks around us thinking they were turtles too.

On out way home from the zoo we stopped by my mom's office and had lunch with her. We ate at this place called La Fonda. It was yummy food, and it was fun eating there because my mom said she has eaten there for years. She even told me that she started eating there when she was my age! As you can see Eli and I had a blast and I am sure if it was up to Eli we would have never left the zoo.



3 comments:

Ruthy Butler said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!

Katie said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish that we could be there to come with you!

Brenna said...

It looked like you two had a blast. Next time we should take a feild trip!