Sunday, August 12, 2007

I thought I was going to die...

Well, Jacob and I just got back from his families Mountain Ranch, and the title explains it all. First off there is no electricity! Isn't that amazing I have never been anywhere like that. (There was gas so it was basically like using lanterns) Second, Jacob kept trying to make me less of a city girl. For example he took me hand fishing. That's right, Jacob goes fishing with his hands. NUTS! I saw him catch like five, otherwise I would have never believed it. Then he would take me on all these hikes. Now I know people do this stuff all the time, and I myself did it when I was younger, but seriously these mountains were straight up. The first of the hard hikes was to water dog. Straight up a mountain side. Then there was a lake at the top where all the boys went swimming. Jacob is so crazy I found a leech in the water and he kept swimming even though there were tons of them. Then the next day he wanted me to hike again. This time to a train station about 4 1/2 miles from his cabin. I thought for sure this one I could do until I realized I had to walk back. I was so tired. He kept telling me every time "no this hike is easier then the last one". So me being the trusting wife that I am I would get suckered into yet another hike. At the end of the day I have to admit that I did have a great time, and I just love his entire family. I am glad I went up and made these memories, but I think it will be a while before I am ready for "camping" again.

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Stacy Jo...how the heck are you! I kept wondering when I might come across you some day! That would be sweet if Jacob could find us a buyer...here is our MLS#: 2768735. Looks like you are doing well. Where are you living?

laura said...

Oh my gosh! Stacy, did you fall off the face of the Earth? I seriously always wondered what happened to Stacy? I didn't even know you got married! Congrats and sorry I am so out of it. I love you and we need to all get together some day. You are a darling couple!

The Richins Family said...

oh that's hilarious. you are a trooper. i would have been complaining a ton. i am a pretty good camper but can't wait til we get some type of an RV. :) it looks like you had a lot of fun though. i like that sort of cabins, at least you had a warm place to stay instead of the ground. :) good job. i am proud of you!

dan and ashley said...

stacy- i would have died! i bet you made your hubby proud! tell him to see all these comments from us girls and he'll appreciate you doing those hikes!!
our house is on higley between ray and williamsfield we're so excited! they say it'll be done in december. where do you guys live??

RegaNater said...

Hey it's Regan, How are you? Sorry we were so bad at keeping in touch. We need to get together again. I still crave the food at your sisters resturaunt all the time. That was so good.

Jake and Lynn said...

oh my goodness...stacy! I saw that I had a commented on my blog, and it didn't say your name, just your husband's. I was a little sketched out because I couldn't figure out who it was...now I know and I feel so stupid. Anyway keep commenting now that know it's you...talk to you later!

rachel lee said...

Whats up girl? How are you? Hey, so is this your husband/boyfriend? Im so glad I found you!

dan and ashley said...

well, if you read your other comment :) we're on higley between ray and williamsfiel in Acacia William Lyon is our builder. it really does seem like every couple days we have more of a house! that's why we gotta keep stopping by and keep up!! it is exciting

The Thatchers said...

Hey stacy. you guys are look like you had a lot of fun. hope all is good in the ward.

Brette said...

haha this is hilarious!! i'm not kidding. I've been laughing out loud at this post. I'm so glad you taught me how to set up my page! Thanks!!

AJ and Cindy said...

I loved this post! it was so funny and it made me miss you that much more..it has been too many years!! Come to utah and visit me!! lol miss and love ya lots, you look so happy!

Katie and Aaron said...

Hey Stacy!! I just found your blog page! I haven't seen you in forever! You look like your doing awesome! You're awesome for doing all those hikes cuz I don't think I could've done it! Hope life is good!! -Katie (Barnette) Walker

Linds said...

Stacy you are so funny! Remember me by the way? I'm Lindsey, Jacob's friend from high school. This post is one of the funniest things I have ever read! I love ya both and lets get together when I get back from Europe in December, ok? Tell Jacob hi!

elizabeth said...

Sorry to be posting on your blog since I've only met you once in passing at the doctor's office.

Anyway, this post made me laugh because I had forgotten what a liar Jacob is sometimes. I mean that in the nicest way. I love reading your blog! Tell Jacob that Liz Nielson says hello!