Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day

One of the great bonus' to Jacob's job is whenever there is a national holiday he doesn't have work! Basically if the banks are closed so is Jacob's office! Well the banks were closed today and so we took full advantage of having our daddy home with us. We started off the day by heading to the Zoo. We took Aly, Ethan and Austin with us. When we got there I saw that they had this slide open that they were building the last time I was there. I really wanted to try it so I told Jacob we were doing it. The wind was quickly taken out of my sails because they said Eli was too little to do it and he couldn't go down on my lap. I decided to stay out and everyone else did it but Eli, Liam and myself. They all said it was fun, and I think the pictures show that.

After the slide I let Eli ride the carousel so he could do something fun. He loved it. When then moved on to check out the animals. As we were walking to see the Koalas we were hearing this really Funny noise. We soon found out it was these monkey's they were jumping around every where and making so much noise. We stayed and watched them for a while. I have never heard anything like that before

At the end of the trip we stopped to feed the sting rays. Liam was asleep so I stayed out and waited for everyone else. They stayed for a long time and I wondered what the heck they were doing. When they finally came out they told me that people gave them their left over food so they were feeding the rays. Eli even did it! Jacob said he loved it and all the kids had a lot of fun!



























No comments: