Friday, April 30, 2010

Your Lucky

Tonight Eli locked himself in my car! Every Sunday we go to both our parents houses and get home right around bed time. When we got home we watch daddy take the black trash can out and then we all go inside together. I remembered that I had an appointment with my doctor coming up so I opened up my car door to get my appointment card out. When I opened the door little Eli snuck right in and got in the drivers seat. I turned around to tell Jacob something and out of habit I closed the car door. I kid you not about the second I closed the door Eli pushed the lock key...with the key chain he was holding!! I screamed and tried to open the door in vain. Jacob walked over and was pretty upset with me. I stayed pretty calm cause I figured if Eli pushed the button once he could and will push it again. Eli thought he was in trouble and put down the keys. I told him to pick them up and push the button. Eli finally picked them up however he kept hitting the lock button. In the mean time Jacob is upset with me and on the edge of freaking out and calls his parents (who have the same car) trying to see if there is another way into our car. While he is talking to them I continue to get Eli to push the button I would just keep saying it and smiling when he pushed it finally he pushed the right button, and I QUICKLY opened the door.



Eli was only locked in for a max of 3 to 5 minutes. I thought for sure I would be the one on the phone with 911 or totally over reacting, but I think I kept my cool pretty good. Jacob didn't freak out, but he did react more like I thought I would. The best line of the night was once I had Eli out of the car and in my arms Jacob looked and me and said, "Boy are you lucky our son is so smart!" Your right Jacob...boy am I LUCKY!!!

No comments: